And then there's the other definition of "free" which is when something is unattached/not associated. If you can be "free of disease" (at least I think you can smile ) then something can be "free of charge."

My dictionary has a chunk of meanings for "free" but I guess my main point is, it doesn't have to have connotations of money. It can, in fact, be money-free! goofy

I agree about the importance of proper grammar, or at least proper spelling, though... how does anyone expect to be taken seriously? That's one of the things I adore about this fandom, actually -- the GE's at the archive keep all our fanfic very clean, grammar-wise. As opposed to some of the horrors I've read over at fanfiction.net. <shudder> But even there, you have to have the story in halfway decent shape before you send it in.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K