David!

This is so lovely! So beautiful! But how are you going to wrap this up with only 2 (possibly 3) more parts. He has no clue that he's Superman. They're about to chat over coffee??? laugh Well, hopefully some super feat will escape him while he's drinking his, shock them both, and... and then what? Happily ever after? I have no idea! I love it! I love not knowing how you're going to wrap this one up! Will the status quo be restored as happened in the actual episode, or will your story somehow move/shift everything ?? Either way, I'm hooked until then!!!

I am in awe with your style as I read- the imagery and the language, it all weaves into a beautiful story. The broken thoughts of a confused man... I have never seen this done so well!

The wedding photo that wasn’t on his mantle. The longing that wasn’t in her eyes...

Lois Lane wasn’t his wife.

Wasn’t his lover.

Wasn’t his.
Lines like this are exactly what I am talking about! Lines like this are completely heartwrenching! You just feel for him- he has lost something he never had, and he misses it so much. It's so sad. And he has no idea what he did have- what his life was like. If Lois wasn't his, if those memories didn't actually exist, what is he missing? And it's those great, quick sentences that get that anxiety and meaning across so well. smile1

~NICOLE