This:
The flashing images kept replaying in his head. The feel of her lips against his, her hands in his hair, her body pressed against his... “And you’ve kissed me before?”

“Yes, I have.” She hesitated, took a deep breath, and raised her eyes to meet his. “We’ve kissed a few times.”
was very powerful for me. We have this prickly, defensive woman who views almost all close relationships - even friendship, in some cases - with suspicion. A woman who would normally run from this sort of touchy-feely thing. And she looks him in the eye and not only acknowledges it, but doesn't immediately tack some sort of qualifier onto it. Just leaves it right there, bare and unadorned.

I, too, liked the bit about Cat. Whatever Lois may have thought originally, in regards to whether Clark did or did not do anything with Cat, she obviously has come to believe his side of that whole story.

I think this:
“I’m not... I’m not someone you’d love. I’m not... a nice person.”

His heart clenched. She looked so vulnerable... so lonely... standing there, afraid to look at him.

“What changed?” he asked quietly.

“What?” Her eyes snapped open as her brow crinkled in confusion.

“If you’re not normally a nice person...” Clark let his voice trail off as allowed himself to touch her. He wondered if she felt that jolt of electricity, that spark that existed between them. “What changed?”
was my favorite part. He doesn't immediately jump on her words with a quick and superficial denial, along the lines of "of course you're a nice person!" or "don't be silly, (etc.)". Instead, he gently tosses it back at her: well, okay, then what changed? He sums up how she's been treating him in that question. Because she has been focused on him and what he needs - her true inner caring person is out in force. Very well done!

I said before, I think, and I'm not alone - I love the touches of completely unconscious super-abilities he is experiencing. That was one of the problems I kept coming back to in the actual episode - how could he have missed the hearing, the vision? I know a lot of the control over those abilities had become second nature, but still... with no sense of self, how does one explain those? Here, he's so focused on Lois that he assumes it's all his imagination. And the whole thing is very believable.

Count me among those who are waiting more-or-less patiently (okay... it's more 'less' than 'more' goofy ) for the next part!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler