Then perhaps I shouldn't tell you that the Chinese (race, not nationality) even eat pig's blood?
Well, pig’s blood is not only eaten by Chinese.

In South-Germany we have a special sausage filled with thickened pig’s blood called “blutwurst”. It is only made in autumn around Thanksgiving Day, when farmers have harvest and traditionally slaughter their pigs. Then there is usually a country feast where you get the meat of the freshly slaughtered pigs, like ham, sausages made of blood or liver served with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. The blood and liver sausages are a typical autumn/winter meal and are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
I usually eat it once or twice a year, I don’t like it too much, but it is a traditional meal people eat here in winter, so I’m used to it.

I always tell myself, that if the poor pig had to die at least we can use all possible parts of it and not carelessly throw parts away that could make a good meal. That makes it easier to eat such things. wink

Oh, and isn’t “black pudding” in Britain made of blood, too?

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)