Beef, it's what's for dinner! laugh

I was talking to a friend who's a partial vegetarian (she will eat chicken and fish, no red meat) and thought, "Hey, I could give up red meat." And then realized, "Silly Bethy, no, you couldn't!"

My family eats a lot of chicken (especially barbecued -- my dad loves to barbecue, even in below freezing weather...except for the slightly awkward fact that right now our barbecue is frozen shut goofy ) and...beef. We have barbecued steak, meatloaf, meatballs (made with hamburger), spaghetti (made with hamburger in the sauce), vegetable soup (with, you guessed it, beef!), etc, etc. Oh, and pork chops and pork loin, too.

Also, since I'm now the officially designated dinner preparer, I've had to overcome my qualms about touching raw meat -- when I was little and doing those shake and bake pork chops, I made my mother let me wear the plastic gloves she bought for staining wood (a clean pair, of course) before I'd touch the meat! Now I have no problem with it. Meatballs are especially fun. Stick your hands in there and squish. O:-)

Add the fact that my parents are currently doing one of those no-carb diets. (No comment.) So our meal choices are limited to meats and vegetables. No more spaghetti. frown But I love making stir fry, which blends the meat and the veggies together.

Bethy, the carnivore

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.