What is Mutton? Also, what are "game meats", and what are "game birds"? And offal? /me is in shock that people eat kidneys, livers, and hearts! And what is beef mince
Mutton is meat from goats. Very popular in Northern Chinese (including Mongolian) and Indian cuisine (South Indian, I think)

Game meats are ...hmmm, I suppose that'll mean the animals traditionally hunted for sport, eg fox, pheasants, deer, antelope, moose. Even the infamous civet cat. SARS, anybody? :p

Beef mince is, well, minced beef. Beef that has been cut to very small pieces. Oh did you know, minced beef is just about the fattiest form of beef you can buy? Normal minced beef has 30% fat. Lean? 20%. Extra lean? 10%.

Offal sounds totally gross when you check it up in a dictionary, but it just means internal organs like kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs. Laura, you are horrified by people who eat internal organs? Then perhaps I shouldn't tell you that the Chinese (race, not nationality) even eat pig's blood? laugh Lest you have thoughts of Count Dracula in mind, just step into any Chinese supermarket. In the refrigerated section, you may see tofu that's brownish red in colour, that comes in smaller cubes than white tofu? That's pig blood.

It's probably not wrong to say that a Chinese will eat just about anything. After all, we do have a saying "Anything that swims in water; any creature whose back faces the sky, is food." That sounds kinda barbaric, doesn't it? smile

twins
metwin1