I have a vegetarian's heart but sadly, a carnivore's stomach. I can't tell you how many times I'd be sitting in rush hour traffic and see a cattle truck rumble by (a very common sight in Chicago), swear off beef for all eternity, then find myself eating a juicy hamburger within a week.

And I'm very squeamish when it comes to preparing or eating meat wherein I can see the entire animal - my husband has to prepare the Thanksgiving turkey, and I only buy chicken in parts, usually without bones. Heaven forbid someone serve me a cornish hen or squab, and a pile of bones left on the plate is enough to send me out of a room. I almost called off my wedding when I got a glimpse of my husband-from-Buffalo snarfing down buffalo wings like a pro piling wing after wing into a neat little pile, sans meat. Again, part of the vegetarian in me screaming to get out. On principle, I will not eat veal or lamb.

Thankfully, though, I'm not a big meat lover anyway. I'd just as soon have a great big bowl of pasta with roasted vegetables or a giant baked potato loaded with cheese and broccoli. I'd starve on the Atkins diet - carbs are my friends wink

But, boy, faced with a plate of crisply fried bacon or a perfectly grilled hamburger, I'm all over it. And although not a big fish eater, I love crab, lobster and scallops any day of the week. My all time favorite lunch food is chicken-salad sandwiches, so I just satisfy my indignant vegetarian by pretending it's soy cubes <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah