When I was in 5th grade, we had a class where they told us about periods. Period - that was it. The boys always got herded off and wondered what the hoopla was all about. I don’t think I saw films of babies being born until I was in college. In high school, we had ‘health’ classes that told us about sperm from the male meeting up with ova from the female, but for the life of me, I don’t think they told us much about how they got there… I was always very interested in things about the human body, and I understood how babies got out and I knew all about the male and female body, but I didn’t truly understand the way things *really* happened until I read a somewhat graphic book.
That's pretty much what went on in my school days too, Nancy--except, I was determined NOT to be "interested" until I got married (which I haven't yet, so that plan's kind of moot)--and I only graduated from high school 5½ years ago.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place