mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for reading!
That should be "as a villain was wont to do".
Ooops. I always mess up my idioms. Thanks. Fixed.

How fortunate for Lex and Nigel that Lex-C was shot. I was wondering how you would manage to dispose of Devlin without everyone else wondering what happened to him.
Vitamin regimen. And yes, there was something in Kirk's drink which made his start to feel bad. It wasn't all nerves.

At the end, Lex-C says he "found" Dr. Muldoon. Did he know that she was missing topside? I was thinking that Lois might have mentioned it to him at some point that evening, but that was Cat and Clark's investigation, wasn't it?
Yes, while Lois and Clark argued about whether Cat would call the authorities, the Dr. Muldoon investigation was brought up.

I wonder what he might inadvertently let slip to the good doctor.
He might. He might not.

Does Nigel know how "well" Brenda knows Lex?
NIGEL: If the woman is somewhat attractive, I naturally assume my randy employer has tasted the merchandise, yes. There is a reason I have never introduced him to my daughters either.

I guess it would be hard for him to kick her out without arousing suspicion, but it seems like a bad idea for her to be treating Lex-C. (Or a good idea if you're looking at it in terms of their nefarious schemes being found out.)
Well, it's not like they would be able to resume their activities with him recovering from being shot, now could they?
LEX-C: What activities?
DR. Muldoon: I don't see why not.
EW: Perhaps she thinks he's in shock or mild amnesia from being shot.
DR. M: Do I really care as long as Lex is mine, I'm the one in charge.
LEX-C: drool Fine by me. Take care of me, doctor!

I'm glad that we've got some progress on the ark storyline. I guess a lot has happened to our heroes in the past month, but I was wondering when we'd find out more about what's going on down there.
Um... more about the Ark later on in the story. Now that "Lex" has been shot, he's going to be a bit distracted to concentrate on his science experiment(s).

I like the audio-recorder-in-the-jacket thing. I was wondering how Lex would keep track of what had happened on his date with Lois. There is a good likelihood that she would later refer to something that happened on their date, even if it had gone off without a hitch.
A great plot-device supplied by one of my excellent betas, from whom I often steal ideas. notworthy

Thank you for your comments!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.