While Lex-C was squared away with Dr. Leek, Asabi retrieved several thousand dollars of hush-cash from his available vault, used until that night more for acquiring and/or disposing of Mr. Luthor’s private dates than anything else.
I don't want to know anything more about that.

Before returning to the garage to pay off the Speedy Ambulance service,
I guess Asabi figures everything done with this cash is called a pay-off.

the clone would need a qualified medical doctor for an examination and possibly surgery to its shoulder.
Ah, and Dr. Leek is not qualified in these matters.

Mr. St. John informed Asabi that he shouldn't bring Dr. Leek down to the ark with the Lex-Clone, as they would have the in-house ark medical team taking care of it.
I like how this is flowing.

Actually, Mr. St. John referred to the clone as “him”.
Does this show that Asabi has less respect for the clone than St. John, or more respect for humans in general, so his use of him would be more significant.

The clone was a creation of science and, in Asabi’s opinion, was therefore a soulless vessel.
I can hear Asabi say such a thing.

and he had used it this evening when Mr. Luthor had driven himself to his secret meeting, the location of which even Asabi hadn’t been apprised.
I guess on one level Lex driving himself makes sense. It still seems a bit extreme on his part.

This could be a medical break-through of epic proportions, enough to change the course of the future, this generation’s penicillin!”
Well, Leek has no lack of belief in his being the greatest scientist ever. No wonder in a previous life he thought he had a chance to take Lois on a date. Hmm, what was with creepy scientists hitting on Lois. Mamba even was not as bad as Leek.

With a pout, Lex-C dragged its feet inside the elevator. “Anyway, I should be around for when Lois comes to check on me to see how I’m doing.”
Lois:If you think I am actually voluntarily going to go and see Lex again today, you have no sense of reality. If I can't spend time with Clark, at least I can avoid Lex.

Asabi responded with nothing more than a raised eyebrow as he followed it into the lift. The Lex-Clone would be lucky to see another sunrise, let alone Ms. Lane again.
Lex-C:What's a sunrise? I am not sure I have ever seen such a thing, living down here under the ground.

As soon as the elevator doors shut, Asabi removed the clone’s tie clip and the mini CD recorder from within the inside pocket of the suit jacket. Not liking being out of the loop on anything, Mr. Luthor had wanted a recording of everything said and done by Lex-C and Ms. Lane on their date.
frown this will make it harder for Lois to expose the clone.

Lex-C’s pout turned wistful. “I really like Lois. She was so nice to me,
Lois:Darn, I should have tried being meaner.

and she was so much prettier than her pictures.”
Lois:Well, I normally am not that dressed up.

It sighed, sounding even more like the besotted fool of its DNA host. “And she smelled nice too,” it said before scowling. “I don’t like her partner Clark Kent. I mean I should like him because he saved my life and all…”
Clark:Only because Lois pleaded with me to do it.

“I know, but Mr. Luthor said that he and Ms. Lane were on first name basis and since she called me ‘Lex’,
frown that she does so.

I think he’s still upset that…”
Nah, I think this is new upsetness that Luthor continues to try and date Lois. Although if Clark knew what Luthor's plans had originally been for the Opera he would be even more upset.

“Yes, but it was an accident,” Asabi answered.
A lie, since the shooting was intentional.

Lex:I didn't mean to hit Lois.

Reader:It still was no accidental shooting.

Lex-C nodded slowly as it thought about that. “That’s what Lois said.
Only because she wants to keep Lex in the dark about what she really suspects.

I can understand why Mr. Kent doesn’t like me much, since he thought it was me who hurt Lois.
Clark:If that was the only issue, I would not be nearly as mad at Luthor.

John Pack Lambert