Originally posted by John Lambert:
That's actually a canon line. I too thought it weird, especially after Lois tells Clark in Neverending Battle that LexCorp employs a million people in Metropolis, which I've always considered to be an exaggeration. In PML she also says that Lex funds half the scientists in the city, put that together and you've got more then a thousand people in Lex Luthor's employ. Luckily, it works well for a Lex-C line. [Big Grin]
JOHN: I guess it works as a Lex-C line. Perry tells us in "Smart Kids" that Metropolis has 12 million people. My first reaction is unless it is a company town on the order of 1950s Flint, Luthor employing 1 million there seems a bit much. We learn that Lex owns Utilities, transportation, the phone company and broadcasting, plus Lex Labs and all the things Walter O'Neil held, which I got the impression was mainly factories. Lex may well have 1 million employees in Metropolis, if Perry was giving the city proper figures, and so Lex may have employees in the city who live beyond its borders, or if Perry and Lex have different ideas of Metropolis. Even without that, if Lex owns most of the major factories in the city, plus the company that runs the docks and such, maybe him employing a million in a city of 12 million is not that hard to believe.
AS we discussed, back in 1994(ish) NYC didn't even have that many people and it was actually closer to the population of NYC and LA combined. clap Good one!

Clark:Lois you got shot. I was not fast enough to save you.
Clark:Canon Clark's Lois never got shot.
Lois (later, when she understands things more):How do you know that.
Clark:I x-rayed her arm. No signs of having been shot.
LOIS: What were you doing x-raying THAT Lois? She was a married woman?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

LOIS: I just told him that I believe in him. What more do I have to say to that lunkhead?
JOHN: If you said "I believe you can save us" it would work wonders. Although, maybe it would also alert Luthor.
CLARK: Yeah, no pressure there, either.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.