-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
I like that Clark can fully show disdain for Lex.
CLARK: Strangely enough, he makes it easy for me.

“Yes, why not? I have a thousand people in my employ…” Lex started.
JOHN: That actually seems like a pretty low number for Luthor to claim.
That's actually a canon line. I too thought it weird, especially after Lois tells Clark in Neverending Battle that LexCorp employs a million people in Metropolis, which I've always considered to be an exaggeration. In PML she also says that Lex funds half the scientists in the city, put that together and you've got more then a thousand people in Lex Luthor's employ. Luckily, it works well for a Lex-C line. laugh

Is this Lois trying to get a story?
Lex said he had experience, she was just trying to figure out how... unlike in canon.

Jimmy needs to hear this even more than Lex.
Don't worry, Jimmy is a coward at heart and won't do anything wiser (CK and Perry) people tell him not to.

Wait, Clark did not hear him? How did that happen?
Yes, Clark probably heard him as well, but there are times that Lois forgets Clark is a super powered being with gifted ears.

Notice how Lex positions himself as the one not in the line of fire at all.
Originally it was Lois's plan, but there was a reason for me to keep it this way.

Lois is being smart for once.
LOIS: [Linked Image] For once?

I was always surprised they did not shoot Perry in canon.
FUENTES: If I had wanted them dead I wouldn't have planned this robbery for when the Planet was empty or I would have killed them all when we busted in.

Clark is showing respect for Lois.
CLARK: Hey! I always respect Lois.

Even if Clark thinks this, it really does not good to bring it up. Does he want to ram home to Lois that Cat figured out CK=SM before she did?
But Clark doesn't know that Lois knows that.

I think it might work better as "She looked".
And you'd be right. Thanks. Fixed.

That definitely moves it beyond human interest into crime.
BRENDA MULDOON: What? The world was ending? I needed the medicine to save the people who would repopulate the planet.

OK, so maybe Cat is doing more on the story than I give her credit for. Still, it took them a few weeks to learn that?
Investigations don't take over night. Anyway, it's not the only story Cat's or Clark's working on.

Lois:Well, the disturbance around nightfall caused people to do new things. I mean, we made, ah, what I meant to say was some people who had not for years had sex.
CLARK: dance Lois and Clark don't have sex.
JIMMY: Oh, man, Lois. Not smooth. Not smooth at all.
JIMBO: Poor CK.
JIMMY: And here I thought he was the King.
CLARK: Kill me. Kill me now.
LEX: Okay! <<stabs Clark>> Hey, this knife broke.
CLARK: Its plastic.
LEX: Oh. blush Right. I knew that.
CLARK: Why do I have this strange feelings he's not the brains behind LexCorp?
CAT: Oooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! I know this one! Call on me!

OK, I really wish he would tell her he was SM. He could probably whisper it, so no one else would hear, but since he does not know she knows, I guess I have to admit that it is not safe to risk her shock at learning the Secret.
Best not to whisper something like that so she a) doesn't freak out, and b) scoff and tell everyone that Clark thinks he's Superman.

party they are smiling at each other. plus I love that Lex is getting two-timed while on a date. he deserves to have a women turn on him after how many times he has cheated on women.
LOIS: It's not a real date.
CLARK: See, we're connecting, even if we can't really speak freely.

Still, Lex does not usually do his own dirty work, so he might not know much about such issues really.
Lois doesn't know how much or how little dirty work Lex does.

Calling these people "terrorists" is a bit much. They are criminals, but terrorists seems a bit much.
At the moment, all the hostages know is that armed gunmen have taken the DP. There isn't anything of value (that they know about in the building), so what else could they be but terrorists?

“No, but I… we have no choice. If I… or any of us… try to get to the bomb, any one of those guys could kill any one of you… us,” Clark hissed at Luthor.
JOHN: Hopefully neither the Jimmy's nor Luthor listen too closely to Clark.
I changed this line a bit from canon, so it seems as if Clark is correcting himself to include the others. In canon he didn't do that and the speech seemed even stranger.

Good thing she already knows, otherwise we might see a regular Mad Dog Lane display here.
Why would a not-knowing Lois notice any more than canon Lois?

Clark has now virtually told Lois that he is Superman.
Just as much as in canon, where I took this line of dialogue.

I am not sure this was the wisest response. It introduces the SM issue. There are other possible reasons Clark might think he was specially able to stop the blast. She should have said "Clark, despite your bomb squad training, you aren't that good."
Canon Lois brought up Superman first.
CLARK: huh Besides I don't have bomb squad training.

I think that should just be "Superman will find a way to".
Ooops. That's just me not fixing a Beta correction properly. Fixed, now!

He gazed back at her unsurely. How could a man have such a combination of power and kindness at his fingertips, and still not have confidence that he would wield it properly?
JOHN: Lana. Plus his Lois died.
Yep. That and he also lacks self-confidence because he didn't have his parent there to believe in him.
CLARK: Gosh. My life really sucked.

Clark:Lois you got shot. I was not fast enough to save you.
And there was that, too.

sad that he does not know that she knows.
LOIS: I just told him that I believe in him. What more do I have to say to that lunkhead?

I believe in you, Clark, she said with her mind,
JOHN: She should just whisper this line sub-audbly, so he can hear it, but no one else.
Ooooh. That's a good idea! I wish I had thought of it.

I guess the two outfits, with no real time to have changed, make that the most logical conclusion, although how do you have two Lex's? One good thing is if she asks Lois if Lex acted differently, Lois could answer yes, if she is in a mood to cooperate.
Then again, Lex was in a high stress situation and that might account for his strange behavior, unless -- of course -- he burst into tears.
LOIS: eek Please tell me Lex isn't going to burst into tears. I can deal with a lot of stuff, but not that.
CLARK: <<cautiously avoiding eye contact so Lois doesn't remember his tearful breakdown after their first date>>

it's only been two months since Phil? It seems longer. On the other hand, has it really been two months since Phil?
It's the end of March. PML happened in early February, so close to two months.

Clark:Then why does Lois turn to Luthor when I am not around.
LOIS: Duh! I'm trying to protect you.
CLARK: From what? Happiness? Oh, yeah, that actually does make sense in a dark curse-ful sort of way. Thanks, Lois.
LOIS: confused

How does she know it was Willie that locked it? Especially if it never gets locked. For all she knows the chief could have been the one to lock it. At first I thought Willie was directly guarding it, but on re-reading I see no evidence of that.
He told her that the doors are locked, he's manning the security desk in the lobby, therefore she concludes that Willie locked the doors. Anyway, I doubt Perry has a key, if the DP never closes.

If Lex goes completely out, maybe Clark will reveal who he is to the others and get them out secretly.
And risk the terrorists learning his secret?

Why, has she lost her mind? They would be mowed down like the British on the Somme when Kitchener's army was all killed in one day.
CAT: But they're firemen! Good guys that save people from fires. They aren't armed. To mow them down would be sick and evil.
LEX: Hello, shot here! These people *are* evil.
CAT: But they shot *you*, Lex.

Thanks for the fun and insightful comments. Glad to know my characters can make you mad, frustrated, and happy. It means they're doing their job.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.