Clark’s head popped up in time to see Lois and Luthor walk quickly into the newsroom. He stiffened as his lips dipped into a frown. Taxes, huh?
Well, everyone’s doing it. Same as with Lex doing every women legally obligated to pay taxes but still too young to actually earn money so she can pay taxes.

That’s right, Lois, you’ve been caught in your lie.
No that’s unfair. He doesn’t know if she hasn’t done taxes earlier that evening or would do them later that night or use the opera as a tax write-off.

Additionally, it looked as if he had never tied one before.
Mini-Lex: [Linked Image]

If he had only agreed to fly her out to Smallville, they could be talking, instead of Clark wanting to incinerate her date. He had nobody to blame, but himself.
Ding Ding Ding! We’ve got a winner!

There was no way she could claim that an evening at the opera was ‘just a meeting between a reporter and her source’.
LOIS: That’s true. It’s an assignment more boring than the dog show circuit, except that I still need to stay awake enough to keep me from catching crabs.

A tall blonde man with glasses stumbled through the doorway with Cat in his arms and stopped on the landing.
/checks video/ Huh, you’re right. He does look a lot like Clark.

Guess Cat was right. She was over Phil.
Oops?

“Better luck tomorrow,” Luthor said, patting her shoulder. “Shall we go? If we leave now, we can still make the curtain.”
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

He knew neither part was being realistic, though.
LOIS: Do I get to at least have him shot a bit tonight?

Three men in repairmen uniforms and a woman in black leather, all of whom carried automatic weapons, stepped out onto the landing.

“What in the Sam Hill?!” Perry said, stepping between Clark and the visitors.
New Neighborhood Watch group.

The woman started shooting at the ceiling.
[Linked Image] /checks calendar/ Maybe Lois could share some of her chocolate?

“If I catch so much as a glimpse of a red cape, the gene pool of Metropolis will pay the price. So, relax. By tomorrow morning, this will all be over, one way or another.”
Funny thing is, the nuclear material could have cost them more than the loot is worth. Plus, if you add the problematic aspect of getting slapped with a terrorism charge… Then again, they did just watch Die Hard but had to leave the theater early, so they still thought taking over a building was a good idea.

Lex had been awfully quiet since the gunmen had forced them into the room. He probably wasn’t used to being the one not in charge.
No, he’s just hoping nobody notices the foul stench emanating from the lower part of his suit.

Lex thought about that for a minute. “No, I don’t think we can count on him. He’s not paid to be suspicious.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.