Originally posted by John Lambert:
That is one possible reading. However, I think the bigger reason is that once Lois knows CK=SM, she can advise him on issues that relate to this, so structurally he does not need M&J as much.
Of course, we see in S3, even though L&C are together he still needs their advice on relationships.

I rewatched the Lex Jr. arc, and I think we see no M&J. In that arc Dr. Klein seems to be the go to for consultations.
It's not like M&J can backtrace Lois's DNA swipe, can they?

But isn't dancing with Lois mainly a reference to "Church of Metropolis"'s ending.
Okay, point John.

So in S2 we have SM again romancing Lois. Early in "Whine, Whine, Whine" we have Dr. Friskin confronting Lois on whether she has given up on her Superman romance fantasy or not. Which is sort of odd since Dr. Friskin knows how much Superman really, really wants Lois.
Well, she can't well ADMIT that to another patient, now can she? Anyway, if her patients live happily ever after, she needs to get new patients. If they don't, she doesn't. Win-Win for her to discourage them to get together. <<not that I'd ever think Dr. F would do that.>>

So "Whine, Whine, Whine" has Lois totally reject SM in favor of CK. Which I always figure makes his claim of proposing before he tells her because he wants to know she will love him for him pretty weak.
I don't think the people who wrote WWW helped out on the script for AtAi. It's annoying when episodes contradict each other like this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.