You've sure got a lot of things going on all at once. I wonder why the kidnappers took both boys? Presumably the only difference between this universe and cannon is Clark. What difference could he have made that would affect the kidnappers? I guess there could be some butterfly effect going on, since alt-cannon-Clark's absence, alt-Clark's presence, Superman being different, and Lois behaving differently based on her flashbacks have admittedly had pretty wide effects.

I'm not surprised that Clark turned out to have spied on Lois's dinner with Lex. He's concerned about not showing her proper trust, but I don't think she's really earned his trust to the point that he shouldn't check out what's going on. She has been very secretive and vague about what she's up to, and her behavior has been circumspect. If Lois wants Clark to trust her implicitly, she needs to be implicitly trustworthy.

I like Clark's instant dislike for Linda. I'm interested to see how that plays out. Will he pretend to defect to the Star? Would he let Lois in on his plans if he did? Will he flirt with Linda to get information?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)