Once Superman was floating in space on the far side of the Earth from the sun, was he finally able to release his breath and relax.
I think that should be "he was". The other possibility might be to start with "only", but you might need to do some other changes to, so it would be less of a stright forward fix.

grumble I was hoping to learn who Lois saw in the mirror.

He balled his hands into fists and screamed. Good thing only he could hear him voice his frustration.
grumble I was just about to go undercover again as Lois Lane.

When Lana had been abducted back in October 1996,
I love "back in" followed by the a future time statements.

before Clark had gone to that other dimension to help that Lois and Clark out with their John Doe / Tempus problem,
So are we assuming that canon was out of order?

Moskal and his wife Mary Frances apparently had snubbed Lana at some charity function she had gone to, and Clark had to hear a tirade about the Moskals for a week afterwards as she tried to convince him to write some scathing article about them. He had great sympathy for them built in, especially since he later discovered that it wasn’t the Moskals at all who had snubbed Lana but a different couple altogether.
I dislike Lana more every time she is mentioned.

“No. He took both boys,” she said, and then swallowed down some tears.
Now how is this change from canon explained? Well, other than the EW wanting to make things different and more intense.

John Pack Lambert