Originally posted by John Lambert:
Season 3 had quite a few Martha and Jonathan free episodes. "The Dad Who Came In From the Cold" comes to mind the fastest. It in some ways represents Clark moving out of his parents shadow. He is stressing a lot about being a parent, but he never turns to his own parents to ask questions about it. I don't think we get M&J show up in "Never on a Sunday" either.
We're they trying to show that Clark was finally a grown up and didn't need his folks anymore?

I don't think they ever actually went all the way between commercial breaks without showing Lois and Clark. Of course in Season 1 they had a bunch of scenes that were not really connected with the show, like the start of "Pheremone My Lovely" with Clark using his eyes to cook his eggs/Superman rushing in to save the recycling from going in the trash.
I hated those Public Service Announcements non-sequators. They were annoying. "Recycle" and "Bo Knows" especially.

Although, maybe my view is a bit skewed. When I watch some episodes I skip through the Lois and Clark free parts. That is the parts with neither Lois nor Clark.
I often skip through the Lex only parts from S1. He has a tendency to monologue.

Come to think of it I don't think M&J show up in "Ghosts", and I am not remembering anyone else showing up in "I Got You Under My Skin" but Lois and Clark, but I may need to think harder.
According to IMDb, only Lois and Clark show up for IGYUMS.

I am not sure we actually see Perry in the first episode with Tempus, despite all the talk about it being his birthday.
I believe he's in the background, because we hear his voice.

Do M&J show up at all in the Lex Jr. arc?

Also, I am pretty sure M&J don't show up in "Smart Kids". At least they are not listed in the script.
I think Clark consults them during Lex Jr., but Smart Kids could have done with a lot less kids.

CANON SUPERMAN: I came in and danced with her. We met daily to discuss my rescues. It was almost like dating. - Could explain why she fell for SM over CK, though.

Except in canon, even after SM comes and dances with Lois, she choses Clark over SM. Also, that is essentially what happens in "Fall of the House of Luthor".
Actually, in BatP Lois chooses SM over CK. In HoL, SM has already says no dice, so CK wins over SM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.