I apologize I wasn’t able to regale you with any interesting stories from the trenches,”
Sneaky Mata.

“We’re all preoccupied with Nightfall and its aftermath this week. I’m sure by next week, everything will be back to normal again.” She took a breath. “I hope.”
Translation: I hope to have enough material on you by the end of next week so that you’re taken off to the electric chair.

It wasn’t a feeling he liked, this lack of control Lois Lane caused in him.
Well, if he loses his control around Lois, things might become a bit dicey for her chaste lifestyle choice.

“Didn’t Henry Harrison work for you at LexComp, only to be fired less than a month of being eligible to retire with a full pension?” she asked.
You know, the discussion of 20 years of employment, Henry could have been the brains to Lex’s garage when they first started off LexComp at age 22. Gates and Allen started MS in 1975, so 1993 could work for LexComp. Also, firing him just before he is eligible for retirement is a sound decision, business wise. So long as Lex won’t get sued, or it becomes public knowledge that that’s a common practice with LexCorp.

“It’s nice to have dinner and talk with someone without ulterior motives,
clap You went there, too. /mutters about another half-finished story sitting on hard drive/

Lois turned to gaze at her partner. Did Clark think every wealthy man out there was up to no good? True, he had been spot on with Lex, but still…
dizzy

In other words, Cat meant he is a man and she’s a woman, and they both liked her body.
Me-oooow!

“You mean those little green pieces of paper with dead presidents on them that he carries around in his pockets,” Lois insinuated,
Meeee-oooowwww!

“Well, I figured if it was a lifestyle choice good enough for you…” Cat said, leaving the end of that thought hanging as she shot Lois a glare.
Bitch-slap!

The last thing that Lois needed was Clark to become paranoid about her having one dinner with Lex.
No, the paranoia is about what Lex would want to do with a GHB’d Lois.

“If we need a naked woman for page 6, I’m sure Cat would comply,” she said.
I think they’re called Page-3-girls in Britian. The concept is actually features all across Europe. And over here, we have an ad-financed paper they hand out for free in the subway that alternates between women and men in their underwear or similar attire. I guess, that’s what they call progress, huh?

Jimmy squeaked. “I can photograph that!” he volunteered, prior to clearing his throat.
laugh

“Not anymore,” Cat said, pushing her fake glasses up her nose. “I’ve given up premarital sex.”
Well, she wouldn’t want to do false advertising.

“Having seen Arthur Chow, I can see why,” Lois mumbled to herself.
To be fair, so does Lois when she is engaged to Lex. Also, I found a fun way to work around that in… crap, now I need to not think about finding a title for my IoG one.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.