John Thank you for lengthy FDK. It makes me feel like I actually have lots of readers. smile1

Well I just realized something from the part from last time. Lois is assuming she won't be doing anything more with Clark than Luthor has seen so far. Of course, that fits with her plan.

I then got to this line...
confused What line? It doesn't really make sense with the regale line, which you quoted. But to answer what I know of your comment / question, yes, Lois isn't expecting for her and Clark's relationship to move forward while she's undercover.

I think that should be "able to regale".
Thanks. Fixed.

I have to admit that if I didn't know that Lois was working to bring down Luthor I would be more disturbed by him kissing her hand. But knowing she is working against him, I can live with her actions. Although I still think she underestimates the danger.
Lex kissed her hand and cheek often enough in canon. razz

“Didn’t Henry Harrison work for you at LexComp, only to be fired less than a month of being eligible to retire with a full pension?” she asked.
This line does not quite work. Of course, since it is Lois speaking, maybe she just mispsoke. In canon Clark asked "Is it true he was fired only a month before he was eligible to retire on a full pension?". I think the quote here would work if "before" replaced "of". Another workable solution is to change "less than" to "within". Some might disagree, but the "less than" plus "of" just does not seem to work.
Thank you, I fixed it. Yes, well, this was a last minute fix before posting. In the script Clark mentions that Harrison had worked for LexComp for 20 years (!!) before being eligible to retire. It was at the last minute that I realized that they had edited this line in the actual show, probably to make Lex seem younger than he actually is supposed to be. Because if Lex remembers hiring Henry Harrison 20+ years before (as one would assume Harritech has been around for some years before going belly up) that really raises Lex's age. Also, 20 years before 1994 would be 1974, and I doubt there were many computer companies around at that time, since PCs really didn't become available mainstream until about 1980.

I think you have one too many uses of have in that sentance.
Yes, I did. Thanks for noticing. I've removed one.

clap

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><frowns> it is so much more fun when they sit together.
But this way their interaction gets shared with all.

After how she reacted to him not telling her he was leaving, I am surpsied he didn't mention his return.

Clark:But, but, returning is a good thing. She was worried about my leaving because it scared her, returns don't really need to be announced.
CLARK: Exactly. I was expecting a little more 'happy to see me' expression.

This could also be seen as a dig at Lois' relationship with Luthor.
Nope, Clark is merely worried about his friend's odd behavior.

This is a useful observation. Cat going after a rich man never seemed in character in canon. Now it makes a lot more sense, knowing about Phil.
Thank you. I was trying to make Cat's actions make more sense.

Now that is a new, low hit. Cat seems to have taken protecting Lois being undercover to the extreme, or not believe her at all.
Cat isn't Lois's 'protector'. Anyway, since Lois hasn't told Cat the details of her undercover operation there seems no reason Cat shouldn't zing her for making plans with Luthor.

On the other hand, if Lois can use dinners with super-rich men as a way to get information, why shouldn't Cat?
I don't think Cat's looking for 'information' from Arthur Chow.

I guess this goes to why Lois and Cat's plans do not really seem all that similar. Lois did not set out to date Lex, but to interview him, and she never tried to alter her image in the process.
LOIS: frown I thought I looked nice for my interview date with Lex.

So it is in a week?
Yes.

OK, so you basically skipped Thursday except for the end of the dinner with Luthor. We will have a week to build up to the ball.
Don't worry, I won't detail every day. Plus, I've added some new stuff.

Clark:Magic includes curses. I hate it with an undieing passion. Partly because curses seem to create a passion that kills.
Interesting theory.

He is a lunkhead, so yes.
Well, Lois's actions are a bit perplexing.

Well, he did have her convinced he was two different people for nine months.
Which is why I find it funny (ironic) Lois always makes fun of Clark's undercover skills.

Clark really does seem a bit annoyed at her if he is making such underhanded replies to her comments.
He may be a little bitter, but he didn't mean to knock Lois, he's just being honest.

The real reason Jimmy left, he made one too many rude comments to "Mad Dog" Lane.
huh But doesn't one only get undressed to have sex?

If Lois did not know now, she might start to suspect.
That Clark feel bitter about the treatment that Superman's getting in the press. What a good friend he is.

A photo of a space rock on the front page? That seems extreme.
PERRY: It's better than NO picture.

With the gas explosion, I was wondering if it was the result of lots of scientist in Lex's bunker doing experiements.
No. That would be an explosion to give the people in the bunker the feeling that the world ended topside.

You set that up ages ago when you had Jimbo transfer there over the summer? Hmm, it does make sense though. Jimmy was such a computer wizard later on, one would think he would have studied computers. He hardly seemed to be a photographer at all.
Although, he does take photos too.

Clark?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Nah, he remembered he does not eat sweets.
Hmmmm. But does he still not eat them, I wonder.

although I was half expecting to have Superman come in through the supply closet while she was there.
Uh... No.

They had not talked at all on Tuesday?
Not alone. No.

Or was the source a ruse to go be Superman.
Yes.

Lois:Yep, Clark is a lunkhead, and he didn't listen to me.
So, Clark is just being... himself?

Lois:Why not? You just take your arm and smash it into you other arm. Pretty simple really.
She was thinking jaw, but okay.

She would pay five dollars to see Clark hit himself.
[Linked Image]

Of course that is not Lois' real goal.
He might be. But she figures she might be as well, or soon will be.

He does not do that fully.
Yeah. That's the toughy.

He wimped out again. He was so, so close to telling her, and he wimped out. I am beginning to doubt he will ever tell her.
He doesn't really want to tell her in the supply closet at work. He would like someplace more private where someone might not walk in on them.

Hopefully Clark hears "Lex has no change".
Hearing and believing are two different brain functions.

Maybe she should take on a fake identity.
rotflol

I think she is a bit quick to reject his line. He does love her and not want to see her in pain.
That's not the line she's rejecting. She's rejecting that's the reason for the forgiveness.

I guess she is probably right. Although I think more crushed and hurt than mad.
Exactly.

I think he would forgive her if she had kissed someone else. Maybe not as quickly, but he would.
Another reason why she wants him to show some backbone here and show SOME annoyance at her having kissed another man / Superman.

Clark:I do, I so, so do.
Actually, Clark usually doesn't take back any of the kisses he shares with Lois.

But she probably would have figured it out without kissing him, with a disoriented Superman matching a disoriented Clark.
But that wouldn't have been as much fun.

Well, she is still only partially in the light.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Hey, Clark, why is this bulb blinking?

CLARK: cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.