Lois turned to look him in the eye. It was time for Clark to make a decision or, at least, think he was making the decision.
This sounds very manipulative.

“Do you want to go out into the newsroom and announce to everyone that we’re an item?” she asked. “If that’s what you want, I’m all for it. I love you, and I don’t want to hide that anymore. I really think it would be better to wait until after we’re over this little bump of my cheating on you with you-know-who, but it’ll feel so good to face the rumors head on for a change, instead of ignoring and ducking from them. Especially if I can tell everyone to go screw themselves, including whoever it is who keeps trying to kill you. Let’s tell Perry to announce it on the front page, so that this guy knows that if he wants to get to you, he’ll have to go through me!”
This is not a choice, this is setting up an extreme alternate, ignoring any mid-way compormise.

He smiled as he gazed at her with love.
smile1 he loves her.

“No. If a little separation is what I have to endure to keep you safe until we figure this out, then so be it. I can’t chance someone hurting you to get to me.”
But that will always be a change. She is a reporter who publishes sotries that send peopel to prison. She is always in danger.

“But, Clark,” she added with a slight pout, dancing her fingers down his chest.
smile1 more touching.

“I’m looking forward to working on your intimacy issues. We made so much progress while you had amnesia and couldn’t remember your ex.”
Clark:If only my ex was the real problem.

“You’re right,” he said with a nod. “We can wait to discuss my intimacy issues until after we find out who abducted me.”
There he goes wimping out of mentioning the curse. Somehow I don't think the "but I'm Superman" excuse will at all work in convincing Lois they should not have sex. Of course, I still have strong hopes that Lois lied about what happened at the hospital.

“And stop stealing my pencils!”
Does he really?

Lois shook her head. Right. Eugene Laderman trial. She blinked her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair, hoping to God that she didn’t look thoroughly kissed.
Only Cat would really be able to tell.

Clark hadn’t headed for the stairway to keep the rumor mill at bay; Superman had been paged.
She should know Clark would not plan to be away from her that well.

Lois had just kissed Superman.

She grinned.
So much for feeling bad about kissing him.

She was dating Superman.
No, she borke up with him.

About time!
Well she could have been dating him a lot sooner, but no, she kept rejecting Clark.

John Pack Lambert