-- continuation of response to John's FDK --

Clark thinks Lois knows. This will be interesting to see if she can convince him she does not know.
cool

Clark:OK, maybe I should have been more explicit. However she said "clark" as we kissed, and I tild her we would talk. I really had to call Henderson and then stop Nightfall.
CAT: Always with the excuses.

LOIS: Tell me about it.

CLARK: /tosses up hands in defeat/

PERRY: /pats him on the shoulder/ Best you figure out this now, son.

Reader:Still, you should have been a bit more clear, and said "Lois, I know you didn't know I was also Clark until just now, but I think I wanted to tell you, I even gave the Kent's a letter to give to you if I didn't return that told you that I was Clark." I guess though that would have been more coherent than their conversations normally are.
Maybe he would have if he had the memories to know that what he thinks Lois knows and what Lois knows don't always match up.

This is a good point. I wish Cat was a bit more explicit in saying he has not recovered his memories.
CAT: About time. And thank you for finally acknowledging my brilliance.

LOIS: Let's not go for the overkill there, Cat.

When? At what point since she told him she loved him did he have time? On the other hand, has she realized this was what he was going to tell her when they got interupted, the thing she explicitly told him she did not want him to tell her? Or is that just too harsh a memory. I guess it is easy to see things from Clark's standpoint when we understand why he listened to Herb's (grumble) no good advice. <<grumble>> at Herb. He really messes everything up.
HERB: Just trying to save a life.

Well, in some ways Lois is really telling the truth. However I think her anger at Clark right now is fueled by her really feeling they did hook up.
LOIS: I'm angry that he lied, and kept lying even after telling me that he loved me, and he broke my heart as Superman and comforted me as Clark. *I* have lots of reasons to be angry. All of which have a higher priority than him not seducing me while I was drunk on Revenge.

It would be nice if she would discuss it with Clark. I wish he would have been more open about his reasons for what he did, although I do understand why he is hesitant to tell Lois about the curse.
LOIS: Clark? Clark who? I don't see Clark around here, anywhere. Do you?

This is a good argument. I don't think it will work with Lois though.
<<cough>> So, you've noticed Clark isn't the only lunkhead in my story, have you? <<cough>>

I have to for the first time ever admit that it is good for Clark to have Cat as a friend.
CAT: I've been a good friend all along. You just haven't agreed with my decisions. But I'm me, not you, so I make my own mistakes...er... choices.

Lois is going to talk with Clark.
dance That's 3 points. My numbers are rising.

Since even Lois does not know about his past this will be an interesting exchange.
Lois is using "past" as a euphemism for "heritage" here.

I wonder what Lois would surmise if she found the picture of alt-Clark's parents that has been stolen by Luthor's agents.
She would have thought it was an old picture of the Kents.

She has strong circumstancial evidence that Luthor was the man behind the whole thing. Not enough to do anything with, but she has it.
CANON CLARK: Tell me about it.

I hope she does not try to go directly though Luthor. He has always tried to present a respectable image to her, so directly contacting him won't really be a good way to get into the organization. I have my doubts that this will work, even with Lois' special memories.
I don't see how else she would be able to infiltrate Luthor's organization to get the information she needs except going through the top.

Good point. I wish Cat would just tell Clark everything about what is happening.
CAT: [Linked Image]

Wait, isn;t it maybe a bit late for that.
Circumstances can change.

This is going to tear Clark apart if he does not realize that Lois is only working undercover.
LOIS: Oh, what's good for the goose, isn't good enough for the gander, huh?

This might be a little true, however Cat really does not understand why Clark is so protiective of Lois. His original Lois died, and he feels really bad about it. His parents died, and that tore him up too.
So, he's a little more than overprotective with Lois.

Clark was right in thinking he would be toast if Lois and Cat teamed up.
evil

I am really worried about what this will do to Clark though.
CLARK: eek

For his own good, of course. At least this time it will make sense, a little, maybe.
Depends on what the lunkhead believes... so probably not.

Not if Lois quits the DP and goes to work for the Metropolis Star or LNN.
True.

This story is going to get even more complexed.
[Linked Image] Oh, sorry, did you think this was the end of the ride?

Assuming a-Lois can convince him that she does not know ([possilbe), b-Lois can forestall him from telling her (that will be harder, but I expect Lois to succeed, mainly because you have a chance to have Lois know but CK not know Lois knows, and that leads to all sorts of fun I expect you won't pass up) and c-Clark does not remember Carlos, or figure out Henderson knows.
His memories are already starting to return.

Hey, better that than have Cat tell Clark that Lois knows.
I thought you wanted Cat to do that.

Someone commented they hoped Bernard Klein was not in this bunch. He does not strike me as "young", so I highly doubt it.
No. Plus, Klein already has an established relationship with Superman, so it doubtful he'd get an invitation.

I am somewhat surprised he so limited himself.
They may have originally come from other countries, but are currently located in the country. Logistics. Time. Ability to get to Metropolis. Etc. Narrow down said parameters of who was invited.

<<shocked>> is he planning on killing those people?
LEX: <<shrugs>> Only those who broke the rules.

Too bad Luthor knows this now.
Too bad that Lex knows Superman can breath in space?

I guess this might imply that Clark was alive.
Lex is good at reading between the lines.

Hah, she fooled him.
So they're even now?

She was confident that Superman would save them, and anyway, she did not want to be a prisoner and a kept women.
LEX: I never said explicitly that she would be a prisoner.

So the guy did come back to kill Clark.
[Linked Image]

Luthor is really evil. Especially if he thinks he can get someone in jail for self-defense.
People go to jail for self-defense all the time. They may not be convicted, but by then it will be too late. Remember what happened to Menken.

It would be next to impossible to pin the crime on Clark.
Unless they made it look like he was pushed instead of 'jumped'.

Maybe it is best that Clark gave this story to the MPD. Cat being involved would give Luthor too many ideas, and would also hinder he ability to investigate him secretly.
It would also give Luthor someone else to eliminate if he thought the man talked before he jumped.

I doubt Lois will ever go to bed with him, no matter what he tries.
LOIS: I love Clark. I want to protect Clark. But even I have lines I will not cross, even for the man I love.

only emotionally.
Isn't that more binding than physically?

Well, it really was not a rejection. It definantly was not what Luthor thought it was.
LOIS: Join the club, bub.

I wonder who will be their source.
cool

Of course this will only work if he shares that with anyone before he does with the MPD.
Right. So, he better not shout: Hey! I know who kidnapped me! I remember in the middle of the newsroom. Good idea. laugh

Superman saved them.
DECEASED TEMPUS: Well, duh! Even I knew he'd do that.

<<sad>> she thinks of him as Superman.
Clearly, you forgot that she decided to think of him as Superman when he was in the Suit, and Clark when he was dressed as Clark.

LOIS: Who I should address him as if I ever get him naked will be the problem. I think I'll stick with 'Chuck' for now.

Oh no! I have a real bad feeling about what is going to happen. I really hope Superman just tells her he is Clark, so she can't claim that she does not know, but I just know that is not what is going to happen.
Oh... that gives me a really naughty idea. But as I've already written the scene, I'll have to save it for a short story. It's still April isn't it? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.