John: Thanks for the FDK. I'm almost all caught up. laugh

Actually she really is hiding, but I guess it is mainly so she can think better.
Potateo. Pototo. (or Potato / Tomato) AKA same difference. wink

Overwhlemed and scared. Fortuantly the later is mainly because of false suppositions, but still.
LOIS: *I'm* not overwhelmed. And I don't get scared. Whose been feeding you this false data?

EW: Good thing she's not defensive or anything.

LOIS: Hey!

Clark:Lois was in pain, and hurting, and crying. I should not have left her at all. The least I could do was give her a lift.
So, he should have just let that man attack Cat?

Lois in pain was clearly a higher priority. He made the right decision to give her a lift. I am less sure he should have run off on her earlier, but giving her a lift was clearly the right decision.
CLARK: Wait. I made a good decision? hyper

I guess Cat does not know that Lois was in pain. Still, she is not really understanding Lois and Clark's relationship, at all.
She annoyed and doesn't like Lois much.

Clark:At least she does not think I told Cat.
LOIS: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you had told her and not me, you'll be dead by the end of the week. Sorry, it's Monday, by tomorrow.

Lois has not said anything that makes it clear she knows CK=SM. The "dropped you off" line sounds like that if you know, but it is not very clear.
Which is why Cat isn't spilling the beans.

I really do wish Clark and Lois would have had some conversation. He really should have told her everything before going into space.
Would've, should've, but didn't.

Right, she just tries to get him to come in her apartment and talk with her while she is in the shower.
LOIS: That's need to know. And Cat doesn't need to know.

Clark:Hey, I was going to tell her, but she figured out before I got a chance.
Hey, just like in canon.

Actually, technically Lois started the kiss. Also, he thought Lois knew before she kissed him.
evil

LOIS: As I said. Need to know.

Even Cat should bother asking who initiated the kiss.
Does it really matter to her?

Cat really does not understand Clark. Even if him and Lois had totally established an understanding and talked through everything and she had forgiven his lunkheadedness and everything was wonderful, he would still be friends with Cat.
Why? (In her opinion) People use you until you've outgrown your usefulness then they move on.

Clark is friends with people because they need him, not because he needs them. I am looking forweard to Clark confiding in Lois, but I have fears it will not be anytime soon.
See Cat's above logic.

If you keep telling yourself that Lois, maybe eventually you will believe it.
Confiding in Cat doesn't come easily for her. Actually, confiding in anyone doesn't come easy.

This is realy not a fair assesment. She knows who they are at heart. Anyway Clark tried to tell her, she just did not listen. OK, at the time it clearly seemed not to work, but still.
If she didn't know a major part of either one of them, how could she have really known either of them. Even with this knowledge she still doesn't know about the other dimensional stuff, so I'm going to have to agree with her here.

Actually, at heart I do not think Clark likes to do that. He does it because it is the best way to do the things he want to do.
CAT: Fine! I like him to fly around in those body hugging tights. Better?

I guess she has a point. Still, he did try to tell her. Also, he has been planning to tell her for two weeks now. He really should have told her back in October.
Her point is that if he really wanted to tell her, he would have found a way, and he didn't, so that must mean...

True, but maybe she should try to figure out why he is so worried about her. Not that she could actually learn that right now since he does not remember.
LOIS: Duh! Because he loves me. Obvious, there.

Actually he has told the Kents and Carlos more than he told Cat. <<sad>> that Lois does not know that yet.
CLARK: Hello? Saving the world, here. A bit busy.

Actually Cat really has no clue who Clark really is. Lois evidently has been sidetracked into thinking SM is his real identity, although she knows he must have another name.
Lois knows Superman has another identity. She knows it isn't Clark Kent because he stole that one. Hence, she doesn't know *who* he really is.

Except he never even mentioned her to the Kents.
CAT: Stop rubbing that in.

I really think Clark should have factored in how mad Lois would be at Cat knowing first in the past, and told her sooner because of it.
CLARK: I really think that shouldn't be a consideration in why I tell someone. Cat knowing, I couldn't help. I wanted to tell Lois the truth after she kissed me on Trask's plane, but then I realized she was only using me. Would telling her back then solved a bunch of problems? Possibly. But it would have created a bunch of new ones.

Although most recently it is Cat's fault. She was the one who instited to Clark he not tell Lois he was Superman.
All Cat was saying was that he shouldn't make any major life decisions without his memories. Good advice, I think. What if the reason he hadn't told Lois was that he discovered she was actually in Lex Luthor's pocket and he was using her to get to him? And he hadn't had a chance to inform Cat of this development.

she never will work things out with this attitude.
Anger about having been played a fool never improves one's attitude.

That is just unfair and petty. This is especially so because she knows he tried to tell her back in October, she just did not believe him.

On the other hand, I guess I understand why she is mad about this. Ideally he would tell her very soon, but I have a sinking fear that he will not.
And you've never been petty, unfair, and made bad decisions when feeling humiliated and angry?

Arguably this is the one stage in their relationship they really never built up much in the TV show. I mean, as long as Lois learns that CK=SM by a way other than him telling her, there are all sorts of ways to play this out.

This is the real reason the proposal came to soon in L&C. They could have done all sorts of fun things with Lois knowing but Clark thinking he still had to pretend to be two people to her.
I agree that the proposal came too soon. That would have been fun to see, and why FanFic is so fun. We explore those untapped potentials.

I guess that is the one plus to her not telling him. Still, I am <<sad>> about it.
evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.