It was the drawing of Lois from Clark’s spare glasses case.
smile1 I was right, it was the drawing.

Lois stood up to make her escape back through the window,
Oh no, she is going to loeave without really talking to Clark.

only to see that the nurse hadn’t entered the bathroom completely but waited on the threshold. Lois ducked back down, peering over the edge of the bed.
Well, maybe not yet. I guess this makes sense, I was just hoping they would talk sooner.

She had wanted to do a hands-on examination of Clark’s bare chest since the first moment she saw it, many moons ago.
That would have been before Superman ever appeared, right?

If the nurse would just shut the damn door, she could finally do it!
hyper I hope the nurse shuts the door.

Lois was about to whisper to Clark that he shouldn’t walk around so underdressed for a man found in the Bay that morning, but the nurse turned back into the room.
frown I was hoping they would get a little time together.

That was a strange thing for Clark to say. That knock to the head must have delayed his usually witty comment.
Well, she is right that his actions are caused by the knock to the head.

“That’s my wife,” he whispered.

His what?
shock

Clark shook his head. “I mean, I’d like her to be my wife,” he corrected.

Say, what? Clark wanted to marry her? They had only started dating. They weren’t even official yet.
Well in Clark's case I think this has been his goal since he met Lois. Not that he has any hope when he has his memories.

Lois grimaced. That sounded awful. A cat? Wouldn’t it try to eat all of her fish? Ditto with the kids. Trying to eat her fish, that was.
Why would the children try to eat the pet fish. I guess Lois is just in shock and wants to gripe about things.

He hoped so? Okay, maybe they weren’t out and about and all official like, but they had exchanged private ‘I love yous’, a bunch of stolen kisses, plus what had just happened on the bed, and in her book that meant something.
Hmm, I guess without knowing what happened to Clark this does not bode well for him.

Lois knew she had taken charge just now, being that he was in the hospital, but she was sure she hadn’t done everything on her own.
Well he did say he hoped she was his girlfriend, and did not try to deny it in the least.

She gulped and her eyes widened. Had she taken advantage of Clark in his reduced capacity? She knew it had been too easy.
He had been fully willing though.

John Pack Lambert