“Martha and I were wondering if she knew and was a darn good actress or…” Jonathan said, his voice fading with the other unspoken option.
CLARK: No, she just never attributed that floaty feeling to anything but my prowess in bed.

“I doubt I’d be on the couch if she knew,” Clark grumbled as another tendril of jealousy for his missing alter-ego rose.
Eeeeehhhh…

“Or permanently there.”
[Linked Image]

If you can’t be honest with the woman you love…”
He really doesn’t get the hint about them being estranged and his sleeping on the couch, does he? Then again, he probably has never come across an IRS marriage.

“It’s more for her protection that I haven’t told her. If it ever got out about me, the people after me would come after her.”
RALPH: Even I can see how that one’s a fishy excuse.

“I just know if I kept something like that secret from Martha…”
He’d be permanently in a wheelchair?

“I’ve got that EPA Clean-Up list you asked for. Smallville’s not on it. You want me to send it to that fax number you gave me earlier?” Jimmy went on.
You know. Those tricks would never work in today’s world. As it stands, one has to wonder why the field offices choose their assignments instead of the Bighead Central.

Martha had sent her back to the house to take the call and help the guys with breakfast.
laugh Although, I’m not sure that’s the better option.

The question was: who was the real Clark Kent?
[Linked Image]

Was it a local crime? Maybe.
Polygamy?

In a way it was romantic and yet totally believable, except for one flaw. Why would the mob be in Smallville?
/points at TV show named ‘Smallville’/

She dropped her head into her hand. Why couldn’t Clark be straight with her? Why couldn’t she fall for a normal guy? First Superman, now this one.
Dr. FRISKIN: Why do you think you have such commitment issues?

Surely he wouldn’t have chosen Clark at random to be the man to protect the woman that he loved, right?
Actually…

“That’s because I am normal,” he countered. This guy didn’t know how to toot his own horn.
No. He’s not flexible enough that way. It’s also why he needs a Lois.

“Very funny, Lois. How come you get to call me whatever you like, and I’m not allowed one little nickname?”
/points/ She’s Lois?

We cover the world,” Clark said, speaking up for the first time. It was nice to hear the smart-aleck back again.

“Plus, Smallville,” Lois tagged on.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.