Christina: Thank you for such indepth FDK!

*holds laughter in until she's red in the face*
Oh, dear.

Clark: (sardonically) Thanks, Christina. Thanks a lot.

Me: I'm sorry, Clark. I can't help it if I find it a bit ironic. *thinks about what she just wrote* And don't think of Tempus!!
I see you and I have the same sense of humor. clap I felt he needed a different trial than that of the papercut.

Probably true? Or is he that much better of a liar than Canon Clark?
Martha said in GGGoH that her son had never been sick. I'm assuming the aura / invulnerablity worked from an early age. I never believed the line that Clark only became invulnerable in teenagehood with his other abilities. Yes, it's difficult to think someone in journalism has never gotten a papercut until so late in life.

Lois, you probably do need to tip your hand here if you want him to come clean. Then again, if he's been lieing to you since the beginning I'd wonder about that as well.
You think she should lie and tell him that she loves him to hear the truth?

Clark (who's somehow on a truth serum): They are identical in nearly every way to the people who found me.
LOIS: But you said your parents died?

So no actual foster parents? I mean I know there's not in this universe but in the other too?
Foster parent, not second adoptive parents. They may have taken him into their homes, and helped raise him, but that does not make them family.

Then again, the fact that biologically he's the last of his kind does mean that the "adopted" family's the only thing he has to work with.
True.

A lie by omission. In this case probably the most non-obvious lie. Any other falsehood would immediately be called out.
He doesn't want to speak badly of the Kents. He doesn't want to lie. So he remains quiet. As the truth is unbelievable.

The question I have for you Clark is, is her skin more or less soft to you now you don't have them?
CLARK: Different.

Her skin feels the same, how he feels it (perceives it) is different.

Clark: The truth is that I am from a different universe from your own and these Kents never had the opportunity to take me in because the Kents I knew died when I was ten years old. Everything else is also true but it all happened in a different world.

Lois: Clark, quit joking!
See. Unbelieveable.

He did lose something vital to him. He'd finally fully accepted who he was and what he could do. Unlike Canon-Clark who had just been able to start being who he was born to be and then have it "fade away" (not the best phrase but I couldn't think of another beside "taken away" and that didn't look right either) so that he was just like anyone else. He could feel "relaxed" for the first time. The first time alt-Clark lost his powers he probably felt extremely vulnerable and powerLESS for the first time in his life. Different first experiences different reactions.
This is his Second time, but yes, pretty much.

Yikes. Lana, right?
As I mentioned to John above. The disappointed expressions predate Lana. So, no. He was tossed from household to household from 10 to 18. During that time he lost control of his abilities from time to time. And every time he thought he was making inroads with trust with a family, something would happen, and he'd get "the look". After a time, he just stopped trying and just tried to fade into the background. If they didn't notice him, they were less likely to be disappointed in him.

Sadly this is one of those cases where it's a legitimate concern that Clark isn't doing what he "should" do. And I recognize that what he "should" do is fairly subjective.
He's kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment. The truth is the last thing that would sound believable at the moment.

One problem. Lois is all about the evidence when possible. When you don't have a physical paper trail of history it limits how much she can trust you. And trust really IS needed for a true, complete love.
Pretty much.

Not in this case. In this case he's feeling jealous of a man who had never had the opportunity to live and grow up to be the man she loves.
Yes, but she doesn't know that. Anyway, who do you think "Superman" represents for her? Her one "true love" whom she'll never be able to be with? clap Well, his go-to nickname "honey" has already been veto'd by Lois (because it's what ghost Clark called her).

And while she wouldn't accept as sarcastic one I'm sure Clark would be willing to admit it was more than just sarcastic.
True. Actually "sweet thing" is a hold-over from the Metro Club.

Ah that deja vu again. Somehow I get the feeling that if things had gone "according to script" they might be a lot further along.
If only Clark had gotten the phone message. evil

The thing is this Clark is a different one and thus his "connection" is no longer Smallville but another world altogether.
The only thing really holding him here is Lois, and she can't see that.

Lol, love this banter!
I thought you might. laugh

Hit over the head with a 2 by 4 is more like it.
[Linked Image]

And Lois would know (well, feel in her gut anyway) that this wouldn't actually be true. If only she could get past her historical past (as opposed to her cosmological past.)
She doesn't agree with him.

I don't know why but the conversation about Tommy Irig and Walt Irig with Hank and Lana doesn't ring true to me. Wouldn't they know what Tommy looks like these days? The only reason they might not is because they no longer live in Smallville (you don't say where they live so I can't tell on that count.)
After Walt and Rachel died the Irigs were persicuted (ostrocized), so Thomas didn't spend much time in town. He moved to Wichita upon graduation and only returned to Smallville a year before, staying out of town as much as possible. Hank and Lana also no longer live in town and haven't really seen Thomas since he was in high school. They remembered that he was tall and dark (like Clark), plus he's a distance and has his back to them.

Oh dear. are these guys going to think he's WALT???
Uh... no. Walt's dead. Plus, Walt was short and stocky with red hair, like his mother (Barbara Irig).

I ran out of quote blocks! I usually bring up 25 or so to work with and I blew through them! You really got me thinking here.
blush Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.