He knew it was more the argument between him and Lois from the night before than the couch or his continued lack of powers that had caused his ill-night’s sleep.
Well, maybe he will come around to saying more.

At least no one saw him float in his sleep. Whoop-de-dah.
I am not even sure that would have been a postive at all. Even Lois seeing him floating could not have made her more angry at him.

“Even Lois?” Clark asked in surprise.
She is not a prima donna, will not ever help on the farm type like Lana.

Clark ran a hand over his jaw, trying not to show how much that little endearment meant to him. “No, thank you, sir,” he replied, clearing his throat, wishing he had the guts to jokingly call him ‘Dad’. “I’m running behind as it is, and it’s not like anyone will be kissing me.”
I think there is ways to tell Lois.

“Not with me,” Clark told him. He had his ‘Charlie’ pair back at his apartment, but it wasn’t like he could fly back and retrieve them.
He really should get another pair of glasses.

“Martha and I were wondering if she knew and was a darn good actress or…” Jonathan said, his voice fading with the other unspoken option. He opened a drawer with miscellaneous items in it.
She would not be playing the role of estranged wife. She also would not have been so calm when Clark was hurt. She would have gone totally and completely balistic on Martha if she knew the truth.

“I doubt I’d be on the couch if she knew,”
clap However not exactly why Clark says that. He needs to see that Lois would love him for him, not for his abilities.

Clark grumbled as another tendril of jealousy for his missing alter-ego rose. It had reared its ugly head again yesterday at her sigh from the Tahiti article. She still preferred the Man of Steel, not cut, scraped, and mosquito-bitten Clark Kent.
If Clark would tell her the truth, she would love him cuts and all.

“Don’t you think that’s something your wife should be appraised of, son, especially in light of the recent developments? If you can’t be honest with the woman you love…”
Clark needs to hear this. Hopefully he will act on it.

“It’s more for her protection that I haven’t told her. If it ever got out about me, the people after me would come after her.”
This does not make sense. I never understood this theory at all. She would be the best protector ever. I never understand this theory.

“All the more reason she should know,” Jonathan rebutted.
Well, it does make sense. If she knew that CK=SM, than she would believe all sorts of things, like that he had a reason to mistrust Luthor.

“I appreciate the advice, all the same, Jonathan. With Lois, I could use all the help I can get,”
At least he knows he needs help. This is a good first step.

“Yeah, sorry, Jimmy,” Lois replied vaguely. Her mind was still on the conversation she had just overheard in the kitchen.
I was hoping she had heard all the conversation, especially the in bed if she knew part.

Lois had only caught the tail end of Clark and Jonathan’s conversation. Something about how Clark wasn’t telling her about some guys who were after him.
Well, at least she knows that much. Not enough to really help, but still.

It would also explain Wayne Irig’s strange abduction by EPA agents.
I guess Bureau 39 is big enough they did not recognize any operative at the farm.

Superman! Of course. Why hadn’t she thought of this earlier? She’d ask Superman about Clark’s past. Surely he wouldn’t have chosen Clark at random to be the man to protect the woman that he loved, right? Okay, as soon as they were back in Metropolis, she’d talk to Superman about Clark.
How is Clark going to get out of that one? How, of how? I am hoping she goes through with it.

“So, get a move on, Norm,”
Oh, another nickname. Fun.

“Uh, Lois? What are we doing here?” Clark asked, almost as if he was on edge. Good.
Well, he can't hide forever.

She stared at a brown dress with small pink and white flowers. She could just picture putting on such a dress, and hanging out with Clark. If they could just forget all this lying business, they could eat some hot dogs, and maybe a caramel apple, do some country line dancing, and perhaps Clark could even win her a stuffed bear by ringing the bell with the strong man hammer.
She remembers.

Clark threw his hands up in aggravation. “I swear, Lois, nobody can hold a grudge like you.”
It is a pretty big lie. I do not really see this as holding a grudege at all. He has not in any way resolved the issue.

She turned back to see him a few paces further along, staring at a pretty, blonde woman.
I knew this was Lana from the first time I saw that line. Or at least was 90% sure.

“No,” he replied curtly, turning away. “She reminds me of someone I used to know.”
Totally true.

“Have you ever felt the world would be a better place if only you hadn’t been born?” he asked.

Lois couldn’t believe him. “You lied to me, Jer…” she growled.
It took me a bit to realize that Lois had misunderstood his line. I totally understood he meant himself.

“No, Lois,” he interrupted gently. “The world would be better without me.”
Um, Clark get out of your pity party.

“Don’t be ridiculous, Smallville. You’ve stopped me from killing Ralph twice this month alone,
And this is a good thing, how?

not to mention you’re the reason Jimmy and I survived Dr. Baines’s death trap at the Messenger hanger. I may be angry at you, but I’m glad you were born.”
I am a bit surprised she dod not mention how he had helped her when she was shot.

His sorrowful gaze turned to the loving one she was used to seeing there.

As he leaned in to kiss her, she stepped away, pointing at him. “Still mad, here, Chuck.”
Oh, I was so hoping.

The blonde woman shook her head. “No, the Kents never had any kids, and they’re the only Kents I know.”
Well, she muight not have known everyone in town before she turned 10.

Walt was Wayne Irig’s oldest son. He died on prom night. According to Sheriff Max Harris, it happened right after he raped the sheriff’s twin sister Rachel Harris.
Now they know why the Kents did not call the sherrif. I am wondering how Clark will react to news that Rachel is dead.

John Pack Lambert