John: Wow! This FDK is almost as long as this part. Thanks for the feedback! hyper

Well, it could be worse. Maybe. Still I think <sad> is what we should have.
Yep, they could have been shot and/or captured by the people over at the Irig farm. This is not the worst case scenario.

Clark, that is not fair. You wouldn't have the scatch if Martha had not opened the box. That is not Lois' fault. Or maybe if you had been wise and asked Martha to describe what was in the box first. But no, you just had to go and let her open it, without thinking.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, if it had been Thomas who got hit in the face with the branch (let's say by accident), you wouldn't be faulting him, now would you?

It sounds to me like she intentionally got him scatched. Clark you should be yelling
You don't go on many hikes do you? Getting slapped in the face with a branch is a right of passage. wink True, she probably let go of it to ease some of her annoyance at Clark, but it isn't as if she put his eye out. (Good thing he was wearing glasses.)

Well, at least she is cooperating with his undercover identity.
She kinda hoping it will blow up in his face, but yeah she's going along for the ride to see where they're headed.

OK, we are desperate to not be overwhelemed with the negative.
No, sorry, this will not be sweet and fluffy canon GGGoH.

Poor Clark.
Is this sarcasim?

Much more difficult than a paper cut. Things are just way worse for this Clark than in canon.
Yep, alt-Clark has different foes in Smallville to content with. Canon Clark had the menu, alt-Clark has mosquitoes.

See, he is giving Lois more information a chunk at a time.
CLARK: I always TRY to be honest, and only lie when the truth would give too much away.

Clark: How am I going to tell her it is a different Smallville. Why didn't I get back sooner from Paris, so I could take that call.
Yes, pretty much. Of course, wouldn't dealing with Trask on his own be worse than having back up?

Well, things are looking a little better for Clark, but not really.
I promise that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, he did actually tell you Lois, just in a way you did not really believe it.

Lois: If he tells me not seriously than he might as well have not told me at all.
CLARK: But... but... you wanted the TRUTH!

Well, at least now she is asking questions that cut to the core of the issue.
LOIS: I have had some training in the art of the interview.

He was 100% truthful. This is more of a home to him than his deminsions Smallville. In part because this Smallville did not reject him.
Yes, but his Smallville did accept him back later on (when he was 16).

Well, things could be worse. Still, why does he hold back so. I guess I know but still.
CLARK: Well, I could tell her that I'm a stranger from another planet as well as from another dimension, but I hear Dr. Carlin's Home for the Mentally Unbalanced is still in the permit stages.

The frustrating thing is that no matter how much Clark tells her truths, they do not add up.
Does he get points for trying?

They didn't know he existed.
Yep.

Clark: How can I tell her without maligning good people like the Kents. This is so hard.
So, he doesn't answer at all.

Well, he has started with the truth. Still, he needs to trust her. I guess I know why it is so hard, she is not the trusting, loving, Lois he first met.
Yes, well, the Trusting, loving Lois who made him Superman had 2.5 years with her Clark adapting from Mad Dog into the woman she was.

The point would be if he tells the truth he does not have to build a set of lies.
He IS telling her the truth, just not the full truth. It's this full truth he doesn't believe she'll accept.

CLARK: Also, I'm vulnerable now, so she might actually be able to remove my spleen with her bare hand.

To me the question is, does he say this because she would not believe he is Superman as he sits there in his current conditions, or because she would not believe the trans-dimensional thing.
At the moment, he doesn't think she'd believe either. To believe the second she needs to accept the first (otherwise she'd just think he was crazy, because he has no proof of it). How would she believe he's Superman with all his injuries? "Uh... Lois, really, I'm Superman, but there's this rock that can take away my abilities and... Lois?" Why *would* she believe him? And the only real way to get her to believe him would be to show her the Kryptonite and re-expose himself to it, and he doesn't really want to do that.

Yes, he is still suffering from Lana.
It's interesting that everyone thought this line refers to Lana. Clark's been in foster care since he was 10. He froze fish tanks, and set furnature on fire, he damaged stuff with his strength before he was able to get control of these abilities. Most everyone he knew while he was in foster homes, from foster parents, to teachers, to counselors have given him a disappointed expression at least once. He'd give a good first impression, because at heart he was really a good kid, but then something would happen and there would be the look.

If she only knew, if she only knew.
hyper Wow! I earned a point?

Now she is allowing him to speak the truth.
It's easier not to be defensive if one doesn't feel like one is being attacked.

Yes, why didn't he do this.
I believe he explained his reasoning quite well.

Of course she didn't tell him this much at the rental lot.
Nope, she was in attack and keep her prey unbalanced mode.

Well, it is a bit more than just "every once in a while".
CLARK: That's the great thing about vague statements like that. They can mean almost anything.

The leap is figurative. The power and strength are figurative. Until she sees Clark's devotion to her, she will not be ready for him to tell her. Well, at least that is one way to view things. I am not 100% sure that I buy it, but maybe.
clap Very well put!

Clark has lost her. Except I don't believe it. I don't believe it at all.
There was a "maybe" in that conditional statement.

I think it is the reverse. Regaining her needs to be built on trusting and telling her. I was hoping that Lois would not let him go there, but I guess she did. I think they both need time to think about what was said, although I really wonder if they will.
It's been a long day for both of them. Yep, time and space can heal a lot.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.