Yep, alt-Clark has different foes in Smallville to content with. Canon Clark had the menu, alt-Clark has mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes and branches.

Yes, pretty much. Of course, wouldn't dealing with Trask on his own be worse than having back up?
Clark:Trask, what Trask. We have not yet met Trask.
Reader:Trust us Clark, you will.
Clark:Humm, well Martha and Jonathan could have helped me, why do I need Lois.
Reader:Lois is your partner and friend. She can't let you die, then she would never know your secret.
Clark:OK, so maybe, eventually, I will be glad that Lois came. Not yet though. So far, she has not been a vital help. Yes, she helped them bring me back into the house after Kryptonite exposure, but she made me sleep on the couch while ill. OK, I was not really thinking of getting sex out of claiming she was my wife, well, I wasn;t thinking that far ahead.
Lois:Yeah, right, Jerome.
Clark:Married couples don't have sex every night.
Lois:Try, not ever unless you stop lieing to me.
Clark:I was not born in Kansas.
Lois:Where were you born than.
Clark:I stopped lieing to you, that was the requirement.
Lois:No that was the minimum, you have to tell me the full truth.
Clark:Now you make it much harder.

I promise that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Oh, so Trask won't manage to kill him? Or Lois will kiss him somewhere in Smallville? Wait, in canon they didn't kiss in Smallville. We will accept Lois hugging Clark before they return to Metropolis, but will not hold our breaths for even that much.

CLARK: But... but... you wanted the TRUTH!
Lois:All the turth. No more avoid or obscuring names or anything like that.

LOIS: I have had some training in the art of the interview.
Clark:Could have fooled me with some of you impossible questions so far.
Lois:I give you the glare of death.

He was 100% truthful. This is more of a home to him than his deminsions Smallville. In part because this Smallville did not reject him.
Yes, but his Smallville did accept him back later on (when he was 16).

Well, he has started with the truth. Still, he needs to trust her. I guess I know why it is so hard, she is not the trusting, loving, Lois he first met.
Yes, well, the Trusting, loving Lois who made him Superman had 2.5 years with her Clark adapting from Mad Dog into the woman she was.
Plus, she had worked througgh the anger of learning Clark had been lieing to her about his Super side twice, and she had just remembered saving him as an infant before meeting him again. She also had an almost wedding and his death to shock her into seeing she really did love Clark, and Linda and Mayson working to steal him from her, and her expeirence as Ultra Women and saving blind Superman, and chosing him over Dan, and lots of other things.

The point would be if he tells the truth he does not have to build a set of lies.
He IS telling her the truth, just not the full truth. It's this full truth he doesn't believe she'll accept.

CLARK: Also, I'm vulnerable now, so she might actually be able to remove my spleen with her bare hand.
At least if she slapped him and said "don't pretend that didn't hurt, Superman" he could say "it really did hurt". I think at some level if he could get her to believe he was Superman right now, which I am sure he could, she would be most accpeting while he is vulnerable.

Why do I say he could convince her he is Superman? Because he could tell her about things they did together in a feeling way that only Superman could do.

Come to think of it, I think he could tell her he is Superman and that he only recently came to earth from a different planet. He maybe should hold off on explaining that it was a parelel earth and not Krypton he left most recently. Well, just tell her, he stopped somewhere else for a while after leaving Krypton. Avoid explaining the parellel earth for a bit more. Hmm, it would less the shock at least.

John Pack Lambert