Lois pressed a damp washcloth to Clark’s eyebrow. “Oh, stop being such a baby, Chuck. It’s just a scratch,” she told him.
But water *stings* on open wounds. Especially small scratches.

“I thought you had it,” she lied, hiding a small satisfied smile.
Lois!

The tents, and mounds of dirt moved by the bulldozers, now surrounded the Irig house, making it impossible to sneak inside the same way Thomas had gone the day before.
Sounds like a Roman encampment.

Clark reached up and scratched his neck, and not for the first time. She slapped his hand away.
He fell into some bushes?

“Of course they itch, they’re mosquito bites.
clap

“Frankly, Lois, I doubt you’d believe the truth right now, so what would be the point?”
Oh my. He could still dress as Superman. Carry her like Superman. Until he stumbles and she falls. Make love to her like Superman – superquick and only once.

It was like he had lost something vital and he no longer knew how to act.
Duh! His wife kicked him out.

“I thought you were different,” she said.
No, he’s just a regular guy. Lying. Cheating. And Cat’s the only woman he won’t touch. But that’s more because of a personal challenge.

“You’re disappointed in me, I can see that. It’s okay, Lois, I understand. Trust me, that’s a look I know, and I know it well.”
He foster parents frown

“I’m never going to be the man that you want with all of your heart. I knew that coming in, that this man…”
Right Clark.

He tapped himself on the chest. “— isn’t who you want, but this is the person you’re stuck with.
Wrong Clark.

I hoped that I could be enough for you as you were more than enough for me.”
Translation: My true love’s dead so I’ll settle for you.

Who was he comparing himself to? Superman? Because that was a losing battle, always would be.
Lois! She’s a bit of a Lana, isn’t she?

“Do what? Tell me the truth? Or lie to me some more?”
Good questions.

“Fine,” she spat out. “Just tell me one thing: who are you?”
A mirror image.

Clark said, and then sighed at her skeptical expression. “But that’s not what you want to hear, is it?”
[Linked Image]

bub,” Lois said,
Isn’t that Cat’s signature endearment?

That man, who I thought you were, he isn’t here. He wouldn’t have lied to my face.”
Eeeeeeeeehhh…

Secondly, you’re going have to face the fact that there’s stuff about me that you will probably never know.
He’s really making a case for himself, isn’t he?

“And, thirdly, I’m about to pass out on my feet. So, unless you’re offering me a place to sleep…”
[Linked Image]

Her eyes narrowed. “You’re not leaving here until you give me some answers.”

“Thanks, Lois,” he said,
[Linked Image]

He cradled a pillow so that he hugged it to his chest and closed his eyes.

“Clark!” Lois crossed her arms. “Get up!”
Looks like you were right about her not appreciating a squatter.

Plus, she didn’t want him to panic again.
[Linked Image] Don’t worry. He isn’t able to run very fast right now.

“Yes, of course, maybe someday…”

“Maybe?”
laugh

Clark raised his gaze from the floor to her eyes. “Because I’m afraid that if I tell you everything without your love, I’ll lose you forever.”
Oh boy.

Only Clark wasn’t Superman. He couldn’t whisk them off to safety after such a leap of trust.
Oh boy.

“Maybe you already have.”
Oh dear.

Clark nodded. “And that’s why I can’t tell you everything,” he replied, picking up his valise and exiting the bedroom.
Oh my.

He sat up and rubbed his face, trying to find something positive about his current condition. At least no one saw him float in his sleep. Whoop-de-dah.
clap

I’ve never seen anyone kiss a fax machine before.” Jonathan chuckled.
That’s nothing. You she have seen what she’d do to a computer shock

“I gave her the ‘everyone helps’ speech yesterday, so she volunteered to feed the chickens, but knowing Martha, she’ll probably have Lois gathering eggs, too.”
LOIS: Ewww. Do you have any idea were those come from?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.