Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, there is a reason why I skipped through most of Barbarian at the Planet/Fall of the House of Luthor when I first watched the series, and I have never had the patience to actually watch the Lois gets engaged to Lex scenes. I have also never managed to watch Whine, Whine, Whine without fast forwarding through parts, and I fast forwarded through big chunks of Individual Resposibility on my first go around.
I find those scenes heart-wrenching as well to watch.

So, I have to say I was very frustrated with Lois in the show. I had a hard time with "Fly Hard" as well.
EW: <Hands John a wet fish and a green studded two-by-four to hit her characters with to relieve some of the stress.>

On the other hand, Lois did not go on a date with Clark in season 1, so my complaints would have not been as pointed.
Not officially, no. They did get un-officially married though.

Actually, I have to say that this Lois is more honest with herself. She actually is suspecting Luthor's motives. True, Lois only suspects Luthor of being jealous of Clark, but at least she does not assume Clark is the only jealous person around, which at times seemed to be her theory in the show.
This Lois has been around the block a few times.

Well, other than that he shot her and turned her into a whore, but I guess she has figured out ways to explain away both these occurances.
LEX: Charm and a reputation for good philanthropy does wonders.

Since in the show Luthor never shot her and never turned her into a whore, she had not explained away such egregious actions against her on his part so at least she was not proactively excussing very obvious hurt to her from Luthor. Of course, she is not willing to actually consider Luthor more than a friend, so maybe I am being a little harsh on her.
At least she's not running up to Lex and embracing him and calling him "her hero" like another Lois did. razz

Canon Clark: [Linked Image] Don't remind me.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.