Wow! Some strong feelings about this part. Hmmm. So, all of you STILL think that Cat's seriously pursuing Clark, and not just teasing him in a friendly manner all her own? Is she or isn't she? I guess we'll have to wait and see on that, won't we? clap Poor sluts. Once a slut, always one. wink

It doesn't seem to matter which dimension this Clark came from, he's still the enemy when Lois thinks she needs one. And for some reason, Lex is a friend when she needs one.
Why does Lois beat up on Clark? Because he's safe. She knows that she can tell him her honest opinion, and yell and scream at him to her heart's content, and disagree with him from here until Tuesday, but in the end he'll still be there for her. And unlike Perry (who she also does this to but to a small degree) Clark's not her boss.

It's the same reason my children are angels when they go to school and other people's houses and monsters at home. They know that no matter what they do, I'll still love them... the other people, they need to impress.

As for Lex: he's rich, he's powerful, he's got friends in high places, he can get her information no one else can. That's not a good bridge to burn. So, it's best to be polite.

Joan: [Linked Image] Here's your fish! clap

But if it were easy, it wouldn't be Lois & Clark.
laugh It would also be much shorter.

I'm curious what will happen with this journalism professor when Lois follows up.
[Linked Image] Right now she has the answer she sought. If she digs too deeply, she might find out something she doesn't want to know and lose her safety net.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.