John: Have some strong feelings about how I portrayed Lois in this part, didn't you? wink Just one question, how is this Lois any different from how canon Lois acted in S1? Or in S2 when she played Clark and Scardino off one another? Okay, that was 2 questions.

This is why Lois should not have given Luthor any indication of what she was interested in learning.
She asked him over the phone about Ms. Kahn, and then Lex invited her to lunch by saying "Why don't I check with human resources and see what my people say? Why don't we meet for lunch at the Top of the Towers and I'll tell you what I found out?" What reporter can resist that? Lunch at an VERY expensive restaurant and information to boot. At this point, she doesn't have any reason not to trust Luthor. As far as she knows he's always been on the up and up with her.

I am surprised she can expect this consistency considering how many women Lex has lunch with.
Every women thinks she's the one he'll change for. That's why he's always so successful with women.

Why his failure to tell Mrs. Cox matter is hard to say. Doesn’t she see that he treats everybody as a way to advance his own goals.
MRS. COX: But the other ladies come and go. I'm always the one he comes back to.

If Clark knew this would he just go all the way as Superman. Since the most evil person on earth already thinks Lois has a connection with Superman, he is not protecting her by trying to prevent it from happening.
Yes, but Clark doesn't know.

CLARK: It would also be nice if she liked me for me and not my abilities.

At first I wondered why Lois does not clue into this fact. However by the end of this section I knew why. She feels no romantic attachment to Luthor, and assumes that he is just friendly, so she is not watching for signs of cheating.
2 points. Lois really doesn't care about Lex and Mrs. Cox.

I hate Lex more because he remembers such things.
LEX: Why, thank you.

On the other hand, why does not Lois clue into the fact that if he can remember to not use endearments, he knew what was implied by his flowers, and she should not accept any claim of ignorance from him.
He doesn't say the thing about endearments out loud, it's only a thought. Plus, he broke the 'no endearments' rule after she got into the limo, so though he didn't call her 'darling' or 'my dear' at that moment, doesn't mean he won't again later.

Well she should, since she just kissed Clark last night. Clark has every right to feel cheated by her having this romantic lunch with Luthor, a lunch he could never afford to give her.
Lois has no romantic attachment to Lex. The kiss was to her cheek, not her lips, and many friends kiss each other's cheeks. She considers this a lunch meeting, not a date because she has no romantic feelings for Lex.

LOIS: Hello? One date doesn't make us girlfriend and boyfriend! Technically, it's not cheating.

Sometimes Lois seems to naive to live. This is not a meeting, it is a date.
LOIS: How is this a date? Because we're eating lunch? He's giving me information on Monique Kahn. It's business.

Why is she so polite to Luthor. She always seems very rude to Clark. OK, maybe not that rude, but it still seems she shows patience with Luthor that he in no way deserves. Clark cares for her, Luthor shoots her, but Clark is the only one who is ever the victim of her rage. It just seems so unfair.
With Clark she can be herself, with Lex she is on her best behavior. Yes, it is unfair, but that's life.

Why she does not see he is lying through his teeth is beyond me. Luthor is sophisticated and well versed in the ways of the world. She should never accept these claims of ignorance of implication from him, ever.
The veil of charm.

Why does she even want to be his friend? What she should have said is "No, that is not happening. If I ever get another rose from you, ever, I will never speak with you again." It is not like he ever tells her anything useful in the attempted interviews, just manipulates her.
It's not a good bridge to burn in her business. Her told her about Toni Taylor (supposedly) and now he's giving her information on Monique Kahn (fake, but enough truth to it to seem real).

Actually, no. She has always been a defender of Lex and him being the good guy. It still does not make sense that she ever does good as a reporter when she is so willing to assume good intent on the part of people who refuse to respect the fact that some people prefer some things to dates with suave billionaires.
Ah, there are none who are so blind as those who will not see. She's still less blind than canon Lois.

Lois nodded, accepting this explanation.

Why is Lois so believing.
Why wouldn't Monique Kahn fall in love with Superman? Lois did. Why wouldn't she be bereft at his spurning her desires? Lois was. She accepts this explanation because she's been there.

How did she ever get anywhere as a journalist if she believes every word fed to her. OK, maybe I am giving her too little slack. However she seems awfully willing to not try to get to the bottom of who was spying on her.
LOIS: What reason would Lex Luthor have for spying on me? I'm a journalist. I'm not investigating him. I mean, I would if something fell in my lap...

CLARK: <<coughing>> :rolleyes: Right.

LOIS: Did you say something?

CLARK: You're always right, Lois.

When will he learn that he can't put her on a leash.
Someday?

Considering all her previous dates with Luthor were to make him jealous this is a perfectly good question.
Actually, they were to make Superman jealous, but Clark isn't drawing that line, Lois is.

OK, at some level I just hate Luthor that much.
LEX: Thank you.

Still, Lois is the one being cruel, while Clark is sincerely trying to protect her.
LOIS: By telling me what to do?

His methods might not be the best, but his intentions are in the right place, which I can not say for Lois. The fact that she does not admit to going to lunch with Luthor upfront shows she knows that it was not consistent with her relationship with Clark.
LOIS: Well, I know that Clark will always see fault with Lex, and has from day one. I find it best to always tell him when I speak with Lex to avoid the inevitable argument.

Actually, considering that she had admitted that she thought the murder was connected to her stalkers, she should have given Clark a note to let him know where she was. To not do so was rude and cruel, even if she does not understand why he is so afraid of her dying.
LOIS: I was angry for him telling me what I should do. He didn't tell me to "stay because I think someone wants to kill you". He said "Stay here!" like I was some dog or child or servant or something. I'm a grown woman, not someone for him to order about.

Perry actually does give very good advice here.
PERRY: <<in a Memphis drawl>> Thank you. Thank you, very much.

I think he is 100% correct.
CLARK: hyper You've earn a double-FDK-FDK.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.