And on the *first* date. Tsk Tsk Tsk. That’s something you might hint at. After you’ve seen a movie and she expresses interest. And even then, it’s best to let her take the initiative and choose.
help

Yeah. *You* certainly wouldn’t have shelled out a grand and a half for a night with Lois.
CLARK: That's only because I want her for more than one night. And nobody told me I could.

LOIS: Hey!

CAT: clap

LOIS: /picks up phone/ Hi, Lexy! Yes, I’m free this weekend for that trip to Milano. I’ve got that wonderful lingerie that I can’t wait to break in.
So, you think Lois doesn't believe him? Even though Cat has done nothing recently but told Lois and Clark to go find a room ALREADY!

Eeeeeeeehhhh… /waves hand in so-so gesture/
laugh

Uuuuu /checks guidebook/ Yes.
LOIS: But I'm a reporter! Seeking out the truth is part of my job description!

Well, he’s the guy and someone has to stay at home and order food and watch the brood and clean and stuff.
LOIS: <screaming at Michael on Mute>
So, that’s a No, then?
LOIS: NO!

Dead writer.
EW: Please don't kill me. grovel

just ‘rules’ not ‘her rules’ with implied her rules, but not all of them, yet. She put a crimp in it just in time.
LOIS: I, technically, haven't slept with Clark... well, slept in the biblical sense. I did sleep in the sleeping sense.

CLARK: Really? I didn't sleep that night.

/points at Clark’s tie and the unoccupied supply closet/
CLARK: You want her to cut off my tie in the supply closet?

Ummm… That’s perfectly acceptable in creepville. It’s also known as ‘locking her up in a cabin in the woods’.
But he's trying to make her happy, not make himself happy.

Unless that guy has an implanted memory and only thinks he remembers it like that.
And how would Prof. Carlton know the difference?

You did mention that as a caveat early in the story, didn’t you?
More on this later. But, yes, Alt-Clark went to Kansas State. Canon Clark to MidWest U.

/nods/ Then they’re all fish smelly and need to share a shower to get clean again.
LOIS: Can we just skip to the shower, because I'd rather not be hit with a fish.

CLARK: It doesn't hurt.

CAT: You both are just plain weird.

/whispers/ two verbs
blush Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.