FDK - Part 2 -

Personally I think Clark would be better off refusing to talk to Cat at all about this. He needs to listen to Perry more and see the more he interacts with Cat the more he turns off Lois.
But Cat is the only person Clark has the freedom to talk to about *everything*. He doesn't tell her *everything* though.

CAT: Shucky-darn.

If he had half a brain he would have told Cat "on second thought, I am not talking to you at all, until you learn to act like an adult and treat me as an intelligent person and not just a potential conquest."
They both know that he'll never accept Cat's flirtation, but he's learning that one can't change others. Others can only change for themselves.

This is the one worthwhile thing Clark actually got out of the discussion with Cat, the admission to himself that Lois and Luthor were not kissing. Still, I think he would have been better off not talking to her.
So, you think the advice about "being aloof" and making him laugh and relax about his troubles were bad things?

I would agree with her here, and that Clark did not even try to phrase his statement in a respectful manner.
CLARK: But... But... But... You're right. [Linked Image]

No, I think he should have tried a different tack. He should have said "I had a friend who reminds me of you die on an investigation, whenever we get close to something that is threatening, I get really scared. I know it is irrational, but I get scared a lot". OK, maybe thinking he would even try saying this, especially if he thinks Lois was turned off by his crying is a bit much, but I still think he should at least try to bring up this issue.
CLARK: <<taking notes>> Thanks. I'll consider logic in the future.

I think that she got over the stalker thing unreasonably fast.
LOIS: I haven't. But if I become paranoid at every little thing <<cough>> like Clark <<cough>> then the stalker wins and I have no life. I can't let fear be the over-riding concern in my life or I'll not have a life at all... I just realized that's sort of ironic, but I didn't mean it literally, *really*.

This was probably the worst point to bring it up. It is so frustrating that Clark is speaking the truth, but Lois refuses to believe him. She is so pig headed.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Tell me about it! I handled that badly.

I can understand why she is not going to accept this assessment of Lex, still I wish he would have waited on the issue. I also wish that Lois would at least acknowledge that he is being consistent. Also, since she has read how brutally Monique was murdered, she should be willing to accept that there is some threat to her.
LOIS: Different day, another death threat. I have a circular file full of them.

Why is she so willing to believe what Luthor says? She knows Luthor tried to coax her into his apartments, she knows that she is being less than truthful to Clark about his full intentions in buying her off, and she knows she lies all the time, so why does she accept every claim of Luthor at face value.
LOIS: That's not true! I didn't believe his report that Clark has no past until I investigated it for myself. I didn't believe that his intentions were honorable when he invited me to his apartments. But why should he know everyone who works at LexCorp. There's like a million of them.

EW: Lois goes to Lex for information about Henry Harrison in "Ides of Metropolis" as well. Therefore, this scene about going to Lex to ask about a former employee was also done in canon in a different manner - being that she brought Clark with her then. But I believe Lex asks her out in front of Clark if I remember correctly, so...

Which still means he has a right to know the way she gets her information.
LOIS: He doesn't tell me the name of all his sources.

He asked if they could go some place together, that does not sound like the third degree to me.
He's hitting too close to home and making her feel guilty and nervous so she's becoming defensive.

He is 100% right. Lois is intentionally trying to make him jealous at this point, he is not.
They've been on one date, not going steady. She's doesn't have to tell him about every gift she receives from someone else. She wasn't trying to make him jealous, she was trying to protect his feelings, because she knows how much he despises Lex.

Personally I think that Lois should say either here or a bit later "Clark, I trust you, I don't trust Cat. So either you stop hanging around with her, or we end our relationship." I do not think she should trust him around Cat, Cat is not trustable.
How? Because she's flirtatious? That's just who she is. It's not like either of them ever expect Clark to take her up on it. She's pushed Lois towards Clark for months. I think she's been very supportive of Lois and Clark's relationship.

At some level I am most frustrated with this installment because we stopped with Clark at this point. Even though Lois does seem to come to be at least a little better disposed for him, Clark is still quite anguished, and I was wanting to move forward with the L and C relationship, and that meant seeing both of them. They spent all their time interacting fighting.
CLARK: hyper Does that mean we get to make up in the next part? Does it? Does it?

EW: [Linked Image]

I still do not see why Lois accepts that Luthor has any right to investigate Clark Kent. He is not an employee of LexCorp, he is a private citizen. She should be much more suspicious of this action on Luthor's part than she is. He is a businessman, not an investigative reporter. His total lack of respect for others privacy should be raising all sorts of red flags.
She doesn't think it is any of Lex's business, which is why she didn't tell him anything. She figures he's just trying to be a friend and protect her, in his own way. And, yes, that red flag is still flying above Lex Tower.

I am glad Perry called Lois on her rude behavior.
You mean someone other than Clark?

At least she is begging to understand. Perry is very good at drilling sense into people's heads.
Perry's an innocent party in this mess, so his words don't seem so biased.

PERRY: YES! Finally!

Well, it is good that Lois can admit this to herself. Maybe things are looking up more than I think.
It's always darkest before the dawn.

I shocked she does not consider that maybe the professor is in on some grand scam.
LOIS: Did you ever think that maybe I WANT Clark to exist? So I don't think he's this guy who's been lying to me all this time. Great, now you have me actually thinking about my motives.

Well, at least she 100% accepts that Clark believes her statements about what was going on between her and Luthor.
LOIS: He doesn't?

CLARK: [Linked Image]

I am hoping that the next installment will have at least a few scenes of Clark and Lois interacting in a way that is not argument. I am not holding my breath though.
It's been a while since I, myself, have read Part 57, so I can't even give you a hint... Ooops. I meant 47. blush I haven't written 57 yet. I've only just finished (I think) 56.

I actually do not expect her to follow up. Even if she did, she would not learn much. Clark called him up and made sure he was remembered, and thus the guy remembers Clark as much or more than the students he really had, so Lois would not learn anything.
Interesting theory.

If she confronted Clark about the MidWest State U vs. Kansas State U discrepancy, he could just claim that they are the same school, and one name is just a nickname, and I am sure she would believe him.
LOIS: I thought he said something about Kansas State. I'm not 100% sure though.

CLARK: I'm sooooo glad I'm the one with the eidetic memory.

LOIS: What's that?

CLARK: [Linked Image]And the super hearing. Anyway, that would totally backfire on me if she knew that they were two different schools.

BTW: I was doing some research on Kansas State and U of Kansas recently, so I plugged in MidWest State to see if anything popped up. Something did! shock It's a religious school with basically only seminary or religious degrees. I don't *think* THAT's the school Clark went to. No journalism majors there and no football team.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.