Lex shut the file that his very personal executive assistant had prepared for him.
[Linked Image]

He smiled indulgently at her. “This is strictly business, my dear. A means to an end, I assure you,”
*That’s* why he wanted to pay for Lois. Duh! Also, ‘means to an end’ [Linked Image]

What he didn’t mention was that she was also that – strictly business.
Well, he does pay for her services.

He had learned that lesson with Arianna, and he was still paying for it. Never again would he allow himself to become emotionally involved; it was a weakness.
[Linked Image] That’s where paid assassins come in.

Mrs. Cox stood up and let go of his hand, letting it linger there long enough for Lois to catch sight of it.
[Linked Image]

Perhaps she was beginning to like his punishments. Time to tweak it up a notch, he thought as he smiled at her.
eek

Mrs. Cox returned his smile with one of her own. Oh, yes, she was definitely game.
clap

A challenge!
Umm…no?

“Oh, how gauche of me, Lois. I didn’t realize…” Of course, he had. He had sent those on purpose
clap

We wouldn’t want the criminal element to get wind of it.”
He can charge more if they don’t know where the bullets come from?

Yes, of course she had. It would be a waste of money to kill someone off before they finished what they were hired to do.
clap

“Sadly, no. It seemed we’re still quite a ways away from even the testing phase,” Lex told her.
So, no green crystals, yet?

The waiter returned and slipped a bowl of cream soup in front of each of them. Another waiter arrived with a huge pepper mill.
clap

Lex waved him away. “I told Chef Andre, if it needed pepper then he should include it in the kitchen. At these prices, guests shouldn’t have to season their own food at the table.”
Oh Lex. It’s a fancy gesture. Like when you don’t have to order ketchup to your beuf stronagoff but the waiter already puts it on the table with the rest of the food.

The waiter gulped and disappeared again.
He’ll be termininated?

“I own this restaurant, Lois,” he explained. “I come in for lunch on the last Monday of every month, when the restaurant is normally closed, to give my opinion on the next month’s new menu.”
evil

There was Lois demurely blushing as Lex Luthor leaned towards her. Clark hadn’t heard the conversation; he hadn’t needed to. An image was worth a thousand words.
‘Two lovers, sharing a meal in between courses’?

Luthor raised his gaze and smirked in his direction.

The armored car guards were waiting, so Clark flew off.
So, two to three severely injured criminals?

The man had shot her, for goodness sake, and bought her as if she was for sale.
At that price? No, that wasn’t a fire sale.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.