Hi,

I too have been wondering whether I should comment on this fic, as I try not to upset any writer. I know authors put a lot of time and effort into writing, and, while there is a place for many types of story in this fan fiction, I do like stories which end with a ray of hope.

Terry, you are a very accomplished writer and I have enjoyed many of your stories, but Cold Shoulder left me feeling down and empty inside. I will be honest and admit that I wish I hadn't read this story, but I kept going, believing, against all logic, that you would find a way to give us a tiny glimmer of light at the end of a very dark tunnel. But that would have been impossible.

I fell in love with the show, Lois and Clark, because I admired, respected and liked Lois Lane and Clark Kent. That doesn't mean that I saw them as perfect people. Far from it. I found their faults endearing.

I know that I might be in a small minority who prefer stories that stay true to the cannon of the characters which I grew to enjoy so much.

Terry, I really wish I could say something more constructive about your story, particularly as so many readers seemed to have enjoyed it. It is certainly well written ... perhaps this is one reason I found it so upsetting.

But I did want Bobbart to know that I too felt the same distress. However, Bobbart, I hope that, on reflection, you will keep writing. Our fandom cannot afford to lose good writers, at least, in my opinion.

Over the many years I have been writing my stories, there have been readers who disliked 'family or kid' fics, but I have kept writing, mainly because this is my forte. While I will never generate the amounts of fdk as some other genres, I keep going because I derive a great deal of pleasure continuing the saga of Lois and Clark.

I suppose what I'm trying to say, in a very clumsy and long-winded way, is that writers can't please every reader all the time, but that every writer must follow where their muse takes them. Readers, too, should feel free to leave comments, good or bad, but, hopefully, without being too hurtful.

Yours Jenni