Pam, I take your point regarding the sensitivity of the issue, but again, I come back to not painting everyone with the same brush. I don't think it's at all fair to blame all Orthodox Christians for the slaughter of Bosnian Muslims at Srebrenica. That was done by the Bosnian Serb Army. Not all Orthodox Christians. Nor do I think you can single out Catholics and hold them responsible for the perpetration of genocide by several priests and nuns in Rwanda. Those were the acts of individuals, who should be held accountable as such.

Is Islam an ideology instead of a religion? Only if you think Judaism is an ideology and not a religion. Islam and Judaism are almost identical in their treatment of the role of religion in law. In Christianity, there was a series of long and bloody wars that finally led to the separation of church and state, but for most of the history of Christendom, between Byzantium and the Germanic State, there has been something called "The Holy Roman Empire." Don't get me wrong, I think the separation of church and state is one of the best ideas anyone's ever had, but at one point, the Pope had the power to put Galileo under house arrest for life for having the impertinent idea that the Earth revolved around the sun.

There is in fact secular law in almost all majority Muslim societies. Even in a self proclaimed theocracy, that great pillar of secularism Ayatollah Khomeini (I'm kidding, folks) once said, "God does not care about the price of watermelons," when asked about the Islamic position on agricultural subsidies. Many Muslim countries have a civil code and in countries like Tunisia, Turkey, and Morocco, these laws are pretty progressive by regional standards.

As for the name Cordoba, I think they are trying to hearken back to a period when Islam was known for scientific advancement, enlightenment, and tolerance (it was way better, after all, to be a Jew in Cordoba than in Russia or France during the Moorish rule over Spain).