You know, the more certain people shrilly yell about "racism" the more a lot of other people are going to roll their eyes and ignore them, because a lot of it is silly. And that's going to discredit the real instances of racism that do still occur.

I heard about the Maureen Dowd column... from what I read, she quoted Joe Wilson saying "you lie" and then imagined that he added "boy" -- which of course is an insulting term when applied to a black man. And I'm like, can't we stick with what he *actually* said...?

Like Carol said, I've been to a Tea Party, and I didn't see any of those horrible signs. People there were disgusted with government (both parties), and Obama is part of the face of government. But so are Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, and you can't get much whiter than those two. The anger's about ObamaCare *and* the stimulus *and* cap'n'trade *and* card check *and* bailouts, etc...

And if you stick to CNN or the New York Times, you're going to miss a lot of what's going on, because they're just refusing to cover things, or to cover things fairly. Have they yet done any stories on the series of undercover videos at ACORN offices? (Undercover reporter: "hey, my girlfriend's a prostitute, and we want to buy a house and smuggle in underage girls from El Salvador to turn tricks, and I want to use that money to fund a Congressional campaign; can you help us?" ACORN employees in Baltimore, DC, New York, San Bernadino, and San Diego (so far) "Yeah, sure, no problem, we can help you with all that.") (BigGovernment.com)

Anyway, I need to go to bed now...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K