From what I've seen, the OT has two sets of laws: the Ten Commandments (which are still binding, as Jesus kept them and never mentioned them disappearing)
I would argue that the Ten Commandments are not exactly binding today, not all of them. First of all, the way the Bible describes them, it is hard to argue that there are ten of them. They way I see them, it makes more sense to argue that they are eleven. Here's how the Bible describes them:

Exodus 20

1And God spake all these words, saying,

2I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

13Thou shalt not kill.

14Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15Thou shalt not steal.

16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his *** , nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Let's repeat them, commandment for commandment. This would be number one:

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Number two:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Number three:

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Number four:

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Number five:

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Number six:

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Number seven:

Thou shalt not kill.
Number eight:

Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Number nine:

Thou shalt not steal.
Number ten:

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Number eleven:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his *** , nor any thing that is thy neighbour's
Admittedly, it is possible to merge commandment number two, the ban against making graven images and other pictures, and commandment number three, the ban against worshipping the graven images and other pictures. If we merge them, we do get ten commandments rather than eleven.

What Christianity has done, however, is that it has merged commandments one, two and three, and then it has conveniently forgotten commandment number two, the ban against making graven images and other pictures, as well as commandment number three, the ban against worshipping such images. (To come up with ten commandments after this merger, it was necessary to split the last commandment up in two.)

Anyway, we have apparently lost and forgotten one or two entire commandments, the commandments against making pictures and worshipping them.

Who can say that we aren't making pictures?

Uncle Sam poster made up of 700 different pictures

And who can say that Christians have never been worshipping before graven images, like this statue of a man who is seen worshipping (a statue of) Mary? Can we say that no Christians have ever bowed down before statues of Mary and Jesus and prayed and worshipped before these statues?

[Linked Image]

Why have Christians forgotten the commandments against making images and worshipping before them, even though those commandments are there to read in the Bible, plain as day? There are two answers to that one. First, when Christianity tried to export itself to the Roman Empire, it quickly became clear that the Christians couldn't seriously challenge and ban all the statues and paintings that decorated the heartland of the Empire:

[Linked Image]

Could the Christians just demand that the Romans simply throw out all their statues and paintings? Sure. Why don't you ask them to spit on their Emperor, too?

The Romans made heroic statues of their Emperors. This is Augustus:

[Linked Image]

On the relatively few occasions when the Christians were persecuted in Rome, they were usually accused of refusing to bow down before a statue of the Emperor and worship before that statue. Refusing to do so could be seen as treason.

There was just no way that the Christians could make the Romans believe that it was wrong to make statues and paintings. If the Christians wanted to make themselves acceptable to the Romans, they had to stop criticizing Roman art.

And stop criticizing it is what they did, so thoroughly that most Christians today don't know that the commandments actually contain a ban against pictures. I'm very glad that no one in the west tries to uphold that Biblical ban against pictures. But it bothers me that some Christians are so sure that they are obeying the ten commandments, and yet they don't know what the ten commandments are, because they haven't looked for them in the Bible.

Ann