Anne said:

When I was eight years old my grandfather told me that Jesus was coming back any night now to bring his faithful ones to heaven. I knew without a doubt that I would never be let in there. I slept badly for months, wondering if it was tonight that Jesus would come and take my parents away from me.
OMG! At last we have something in common, Anne! I spent my entire childhood terrified of being alone, because I was positive that the Rapture was going to occur. I would be left stranded in some foreign country with no resources. My parents are actually great individuals for the most part, but the people they chose to associate with terrified me.

Seriously? No extemporation or embellishment? for real? What denomination are they? I gotta see this doctrine to believe it.
Seriously. I don't think they're crazy enough to do every single thing since they do live in the USA. I'm pretty sure if they were for stoning or animal sacrifice, they wouldn't tell me (since it's illegal). It all started out of a megachurch in my area that used to be a Bible church, but isn't technically affiliated with anything now. I also couldn't tell you if they represent the ENTIRE church or just a subsection of it, but there are an awful lot of people who do it that I've run into. I think it started as a backlash against liberal secularism and a desire to embrace traditional values, and turned into something incredibly nuts. I honestly don't get into too much discussion with them since I live a pretty non-traditional life. They probably see no hope for me smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->