Definitely I is for Illusion by Pam Jernigan. One of my favorites!

I wonder if this has been quoted yet...brb.

"Then let's take it from the top," Lois said, looking up and pinning him with her stare. "How well do you know Superman?"

"Well, like I said, I know a little about him, enough to speak to him and have a conversation, but it's all superficial. I don't know anything you probably don't."

"But you've known him longer."

"Well, yeah, but it's not like we sat down and had any heart to hearts. It's always been pretty much the way it is now."

"So, nothing you've been keeping off the record for an old high school friend?"

"High school friend? Lois, you make it sound like we shared a locker and ate fudge rounds in the cafeteria together. I think a kid in tights with a cape would have been noticed at Smallville High."

"You know what I mean, Smallville. Have you been keeping anything back from public consumption?"

"Well, Lois, if I was then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to share it with Metropolis' number one investigative reporter, now, would it?"

He said it so earnestly that Lois felt a smile start to form on her lips before she caught herself.

"You're good, Kent, but flattery won't even get you to first base, let alone knock my concentration out of the ballpark."

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy