as I understand it, there are parameters for what is a L&C fic and if you deviate to much from the canon of the show it wont be accepted by the archive.
I don't think it's deviation from canon that's concerning, just deviation from the show entirely. And even then, there's wide latitude in what subjects you can tackle. I remember a discussion once about whether to allow a story which was set in the comics universe & featured Superman and WonderWoman. I *think* they did allow it, though I wouldn't bet anything important on it, but it just goes to show you have to go to quite an extreme before they start judging by content.

There are somewhat tougher *rating* limits -- nothing over the American rating PG-13. But that's nothing to do with canon.

PJ
home today 'cause NC just had a whole *inch* of snow and therefore all the schools are closed goofy

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K