In fact, , I think I even heard a rumor there was a squeal - er, sorry, sequel - in the works.
ROTFL! Artemis, I think Second Degree Burns is one of the few stories in this fandom that's infamous before it's even been posted! laugh It was begun right after Burnout (you work out the math - it scares the heck out of me, so I'm not going to wink ), is half-finished now and has been for something like five years (a few months ago I was looking through an ancient floppy disk before discarding it and was dismayed to find an early draft of the darn thing on there! eek ) and recently I came to the conclusion that what's there already is so boring and predictable I really should just dump it and start from scratch....

Translation? Don't hold your breath. <g> It is, technically, scheduled to be worked on and finished next. Right after...erm...um...what I'm working on today. I reckon if I don't get it finished and out this year I probably never will. But I suspect it's going to take a lot of hard work from my poor betas - who will probably cringe when they see me coming with it - to whip it into shape. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers