I actually don't remember what the first fanfic I read was called, though I do vaguely remember what it was about. After the cliffhanger at the end of Season 2 (on first-run in the UK), my husband suggested I do a search for L&C stuff on the internet, and after a while I came upon a site which had links to four or five stories - I'd never encountered fanfic before that. I guess that would have been the summer of 1995 or somewhere around then.

Anyway, the first story I read had a scenario in which Lois was arrested for something. There was also a scene involving Clark missing his trousers... confused It was mildly interesting, though nothing like as well-written as stories by our best writers. I don't think it's on the archive either. So that was the first; and there was also a link to part 1 of Dawning, by Debby Stark. The site told me that there was more to Dawning, so I searched, and found Debby's old FTP site, and read the rest of what was available.

Then, somehow, I found the old Compendiums available for download somewhere, and I also found Sarah and Pam's Shrine o' Fanfic - so, yes, Pam, yours was among the earliest fanfic I read. wink

And then - oh, happy day!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*