This is a neat topic, Kathy smile

Okay, so the first fanfic that I ever read ... you know, I don't remember it being a specific fic. I read a group of them, but I don't recall which one came first. One of my friends (who had the internet at a time when I didn't) printed out a few stories that she'd found on the internet about "my Superman show" (as she liked to call it [g]). One of them was Zoomway's and one was Demi's Heaven's Prisoners (the PG version). Well, I devoured them in no time at all, and I wanted more [g].

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to read anymore until I graduated high school and got my new computer (complete with the internet! yay!). I remember the next fic I read being "What It Means To Love You" by Erin Klingler. Wow, was that an awesome fic, and I was blown away by her talent (and hey, I still am!).

After that, I remember speed reading my way through the archive. I would come home from class (I was in my first year of college) and read for hours. Then I stumbled upon the message boards in the fall of that year. I definitely remember the first fic that I read on the MBs -- Wendy's The Penfriend. Seriously, it was like *Christmas* when I came home from class to find that she had posted a new part of that wonderful story [g]. There were times when I would try to wait and not read the new part right away, because I knew that after I was finished, I would only start wanting the next part immediately! Never did succeed there, though -- I'm weak when it comes to Wendy's writing [g].

Actually, I owe a lot to Wendy's posting of The Penfriend. I was loving the story so much that I always felt a little guilty about not telling her so (ah, the days of lurkdom). So in the spring of that year, I decided to jump right into FoLCdom. I posted my first fanfic, started commenting, made some friends, and ... well, long story short, here I am, getting ready to graduate from college in May, and I'm still around smile

Hmm, probably could have said all that in less space, but I get wordy when it gets late [g].

Tracey smile