well, i don't remember my first fic, either. i'd kept from posting for exactly that reason, but it looks like i'm not alone in that. thanks, guys. smile

i do know how i got into fic, tho, and i guess i'll tell that one. it's short and sweet. or something.

basically, when i was in high school, my life was on compuserve, due to health problems. i'd hang out in the various forums and chat rooms that i liked. joined up with a philosophical discussion group that called itself "the church of the bunnies" (i took the name "rabid rabbit rabbi of the non-existant hareline," and got in a flame war with a guy who went by RabbiT and claimed i'd stolen his nick). joined up with the comic book forum, too. i spent quite a lot of time, though, in the sci-fi media forum (which got so big that it split into sci-fi media and sci-fi media2... i was active in both places).

well, a large part of getting caught up with the sci-fi media forum was the lois and clark section. i enjoyed chatting with folcs, talking about the series, whatever. then, one day, one of them (pretty sure it was pam, the section asysop) pointed me to rhen's ficlist. that was december 95. i got sucked right into it. i read everything that hit my mailbox as soon as i could, and, although there were no comments on the ficlist, i had fun talking about them on compuserve.

it was only a few months after that when i started writing. felt really good to have an outlet for the creative energy that had been buzzing around my head. smile

of course, getting feedback on those stories (by private email and sometimes on the forum) only encouraged matters.. laugh

so, that's my story. hope you didn't find it too boring. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.