Great topic, Kathy. smile

As I alluded to on the other thread, I really couldn't say what my very first fanfic was. Well...actually come to think of it, just as I typed that I realised that it's not strictly speaking true.

The very first LNC fanfic I ever read was a pen and paper zine that I bought from the author for a whole £3.00. goofy When I saw an ad for this zine (it contained a whole one story btw - all of 42 pages) I snapped it up out of sheer despair.

But I don't really count that. laugh And, no, it wasn't worth the £3.00. Which is why I'm always especially keen to contribute as much as I can afford to the Annesplace and Fanfic Archive fundraising drives when they come up. All those stories and all for a lot less than that £3.00 it cost me for one medicore fanfic. Where else can you get value like that? <g>

The second LNC fanfic I read was within half an hour of finally getting hooked up to the net. It wasn't from FoLCdom. It was on a private website and was the most horrendous and appalling fanfic I've had the misfortune to read. Mercifully, I've tried to block it from memory, but I recall it was wildly OOC and wallowed in gore, death and destruction. I was desperately disappointed and threw it in the bin - was this what online LNC fanfic was going to be like? Where was the compassioniate Superman I knew? The waffs? The romance? The humour of the show?

Fortunately - ten minutes later I hit the Archive. rotflol

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers