#1 - A Clash Of Kings - George R.R. Martin

I love the story that he is painting, although I want to drown Theon Greyjoy. But there is just something dry and stilted in the writing style. It remains interesting, but slows down my usual reading speed to a devastating crawl. Looking forward to getting into the next book at some point.

#2 - All I Need To Know I Learned From Xena: Warrior Princess - Josepha Sherman

A cute little fluffy read. "Translated" by Josepha Sherman, the book is written by and from the point of view of Gabrielle, Xena's best friend. It gives a fun, humorous look into some of the situations they find themselves in over the first three seasons (what I like to call "The Golden Age of Xena"). Chapters are only about a page and a half long, and have such titles as "The God Of War Is Not An Equal Opportunity Employer." Not a great read, by any stretch - there are WAY better fan fics out there. But still worth the read...and even better, it is a "general" fic, meaning that there is no taking of sides in the subtext (Xena/Gab) vs shipper (any heterosexual pairing) debate - which is a breath of fresh air.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon