I think that the idea of Lois being the only woman who is meant for Clark is something that belongs to the fairy tale the show actually was.

I mean, in real life this simply cannot be true. Or would I have to spend my life with only the second best man, because maybe the man who was meant for me didn't happen to grow up in Germany and thus we will never meet?

I agree with Sue here that in my opinion we can love more than one person with all our heart, hopefully not at the same time, but...

And I think it's a difference if Lana and Clark were married and got divorced or if Clark even committed adultary because he met Lois after Lana. That would kill the idea we have of him. I don't really see why a widower shouldn't have the chance to find real love more than once.

Of course this - Lois is the only woman- concept is part of the magic. If either of them ever dies I guess many FoLC's would like to see eternal love that is stronger than death. Lois or Clark should stay alone until they die, because there is no one else who they could ever fall in love with. But in the end that's a romantic idea we don't really go through with. Author's either don't write that scenario or they kill the characters off like in "Romeo and Juliett". I don't think that there are many people who'd like to read about a Lois or a Clark who are emotionally suffering for the rest of their lives.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool