Things I found bitchy about Kidder's Lois. OK, this is dead easy. First, as you pointed out the way she treats Clark. Secondly, and this is my main reason, the bit in Superman II, where Clark's given up his powers just for her, got the beaten up by that guy in the diner, and she admits she was just in love with the Superman and the powers. There are other reasons though, and yes she does treat Clark a lot better in Superman IV: The Quest For Peace
Thanks, Jensguy for replying. smile

Respectfully (really, honestly, cross my heart etc smile ) i wonder if you'd be willing flesh out your opinions a bit? I'm interested in the *why's* so to speak.

*Why* did you reject my argument that the dorky Clark act cancelled Lois's "bitch" trait? (btw, this doesn't mean I objected to his not telling Lois or anyone else that he was S, but that by so camping up "Clark Kent" he's being duplicitous. He doesn't take Clakr Kent seriously; why should she?)

Also, is Perry White (not sure of the actor in the Reeves movies) equally bitchy for treating dorky Kent the same way?

*Why* is it bitchy to admit that it was Superman she loved - dorky Clark wasn't exactly the answer to a woman's fantasy (a maiden's prayer in old speak laugh ) I didn't interpet her admission as being she loved him for his physical powers, otherwise she would have loved the devil (or Q or whoever) but that she loved the hero in Superman.

Doesn't Superman's mind wipe of Lois at the end of S II show a darkness to his character that is at least on a par with Lois's earlier too blunt honesty in her confession that it was Superman she loved?

About S IV - overall a silly movie, but not in how Lois Lane treated Clark Kent. He's still playing Dorkman (and so he's continuing his duplicitous behaviour), but she has come to love him anyway - her caring for him when she searches for him after he's gone into retreat is touching. In a sense, she rescues him. There, in that scene, we see growth in her character. But, to repeat, rest of the movie is, as you imply ... well... smile

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say - MK's Lois wasn't a saint, but neither was Reeves's Superman (which makes them both more interesting as characters) If you're willing to cut the various versions of CK/S some slack with respect to character flaws, then *why* not MK's Lois too?

Oh, and also that word "bitch" laugh

MetroRhodes, you make me think I ought to be more understanding of poor Jimmy. laugh

c